Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Kartboy Short Shifter today. It would have taken 10 min if the ball weren't such a PITA to get in. I eventually got it in by attaching the shifter to the linkage and pulling back on the shifter till it popped in. Took about 25 min in the end.

Anyways, the shifts are nice and short now, but VERY notchy (esp 1st), does the shifter need to break in, or should I put some more lube on the ball or where the linkage attaches to the shifter? Maybe it's too tight? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did you change out the bushings too? I intalled Kart Boy+Bushings, was definitely notchier at first but once the bushings got worn in it's better, (or maybe I just got used to it)
Whatever I guess I can't help.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Schaf100 said:
I installed my Kartboy Short Shifter today. It would have taken 10 min if the ball weren't such a PITA to get in. I eventually got it in by attaching the shifter to the linkage and pulling back on the shifter till it popped in.
Thank goodness for this forum! :p

Everything was going great until it came time to pop the ball in. I tried a bunch of things until I gave up trying to whack it in and did this. Linkage attached, pull back, popped right back in easy.

Thanks Michael!

Onto the bushings! :D

-tp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts