ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Kartboy Short Shifter in my 2011 WRX last night. I love the shifts now. I also bought the shifter bushings from Kartboy. My question is, does anyone have a link to a good video or instructions for the shifter bushings? Im a newbie for the most part on working on cars so any help would be appreciated. Im sure it has been asked before, and I have searched for a good video, but couldnt really find a good one. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I can't see youtube at work but look through this list and you should find some helpful info
Google

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ill check it out at home later. I cant get to youtube either! lol stupid work filter.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
was that supposed to search a list for me? or is that a smart ass reply lol?
I don't need to be a smart ass online, I'm much better at it in real life. Just trying to point you in the right direction, thought it would help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't need to be a smart ass online, I'm much better at it in real life. Just trying to point you in the right direction, thought it would help.
Yea posting a link to google, real helpful, saved me 2 secs of typing

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
There aren't many good videos online.You can find written instructions in the thread in my link.

Here is one made by one of our very own,sjcurtis

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yea posting a link to google, real helpful, saved me 2 secs of typing
Then maybe you should spend 2 seconds researching before you ask a question that can be so easily answered

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then maybe you should spend 2 seconds researching before you ask a question that can be so easily answered
Maybe you should re-read my original post because I said I had researched and didnt quite find what I was looking for. As this is supposed to be a community for WRX people i thought it fitting to ask for help here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the record, i wasnt trying to start anything with jd, just clicked on his google link and there was nothing there, so i asked if he was being a smart ass. all downhill from there. Lol i dont want to argue with anyone, just looking for some insight/help

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I posted my a lot of my thoughts and pictures of the install in my build thread 'Rawr 2011' or whatnot. If you search on here you can find it.... I need to update that thing sometime. There are some pictures in there that may give you a good idea of what you are dealing with.

Was one of the first installs I did, so took some work. Off the top of my head, make sure you keep the linkage oriented correctly and zip tie the reverse lockout down under the car so it doesn't hit the driveshaft.

Otherwise, Good luck. The bushings are awesome =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts