Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys think the Kaminari lip would look okay on a WRX with no other body kit pieces? How about with the OEM or Wings West rear lip with painted oem sides?

Also where can I get the Kaminari lip (besides procarparts and vivid).

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think it'll look fine w/o any other body kit pieces. I think the rear looks fine stock, and the side skirts should be painted to match as well. With a front lip only, I'd remove the wing as well, it'll skew the lines and make it look slanted...which is the look I'm going for. If you go with this particular front lip, please keep us posted on the install and any fitment issues! Best of luck!

B

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i'm of the opinion that generally cars don't look good with just one part of an underbody kit. ie: just the lip, or side bars alone

i think the back end is a bit high off the ground. i thought the oem rear lip did a nice job of "finishing" the sport look of the rear.

the kaminari kit is my favorite all around. the rear portion is the coolest looking one out there, and the front piece is real conservative, but very aggressive at the same time.

dR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. I just picked up the wings west rear lip as a cheap alternative to the oem lip... i think they look basically the same. I just need to find a place that sells the Kaminari lip for a decent price and won't rip me on shipping.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Contact David Draper @ West Covina Toyota. They are a Kaminari distributor and they are very well known and respected in the Celica/Supra/MR2 communities. Since you're from So Cal might be easier for you to drive over there and pick it up.

heres the number...

(626)859-7400

1 - 6 of 6 Posts