Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this exhaust? I am curious to know how "short" a life span this exhasut has becasue when reading about it, the text always says that it doesnt last as long as others but is the lightest. Also, what downpipe can be fitted to it?
thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dan can answer this one...My impression is that he's had a great experience with it. Also, you'd probably wanna use the Kakimoto downpipe to make sure it's gonna fit properly. That's my guess...

wistling rexie said:
Has anyone had any experience with this exhaust? I am curious to know how "short" a life span this exhasut has becasue when reading about it, the text always says that it doesnt last as long as others but is the lightest. Also, what downpipe can be fitted to it?
thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks 206... Dan, if your out there, could you share your knowledge on this subject? Im strongly considering this piece and want some input before I buy:)
thanks

·
1,911 Posts
I think I e-mailed you privately on this already but here goes. The GT1 OZ is probably the best exhaust and also the lightest in terms of quality, flow and design I have seen. The hangers are not welded on but clamped on to eliminate the possibility of welds cracking. The joints are slip type with locking mechanism. The available silencer is a HUGE difference in volume and the power I got out of my titanium version was outstanding. My titanium weighed in at 4.5 kg TOTAL weight. That's with hangers and all hardware. there are only two small minor bends in the entire exhaust and you'll love the sound. Deep, menacing and shoots some great flames (if kitten free). Bottom line, next car I build (hopefully a Skyline or 350Z TT) will have one of these exhausts.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
God said:
I think I e-mailed you privately on this already but here goes.
That was me. Thanks for your info though.

This exhaust is a catback right? What goes in place of the cat after you remove it?(besides a high flow) such as if I were to go catless

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
God said:
If you want to go catless you would use a JDM spec downpipe such as the ones I offer. You will not get CE light.
But is there a way to go catless for the track and street but when it comes emission time, swap in a high flow cat to insure some chance of passing.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
.But is there a way to go catless for the track and street but when it comes emission time, swap in a high flow cat to insure some chance of passing.

With This set up no. The only way it would be possible is if you find a JDM downpipe that is 2 pipes and offers a cat pipe or a non cat pipe and buying both. Dan's JDM downpipe Is one pipe all the way back to the cat back so the only way to put cats back in is to just swap the entire exhaust once a year(which is what i will be doing) It is possible to switch out cat or no cat on the turboxs stealth back but that is not compatible with a cat back it only fits axel backs. Their may be a JDM downpipe out there that offers a cat but I have not seen it yet. It would be nice if the cat backs offered a cat or no cat in their mid pipes though.

Alex

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I will have to change it every 2 years. I live in NY but my car is registered in New Jersey.

·
1,911 Posts
Alex, Zero Sports offers a JDM spec downpipe with a cat in it. It's a metal cat super high flow. Much higher flow than the usual cheap honeycomb the US and Australian companies use. Unfortunately such high technology is very expensive. That downpipe runs a whopping $1000. Metal cats are what are used on the Ferrari's and the Porsche 911 Turbos. Developed by a German company actually but the Japanese and the Europeans are the only ones to use it so far. American companies are too cheap and too old tech.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well now I know of one. But for a $1000 I think I will just swap out my exhaust once a year. Thats how much my entire exhaust system cost from uppipe to cat back. Well you learn somthing new everyday.

Alex

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey afpdl, the blitz nur spec you are getting will match up to the godspeed dp with no problem correct? It is the Nur Spec R right?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yes as god said it will match perfectly, afterall I bought it as a combo from him, but no it is not the nur spec R it is the nur spec touring, which is just about the same thing only quieter and has a larger muffler section to quiet it down. Same specs though I am told. You can check them out on the godspeed website just click on god's www button and then pick products its in the blitz section.

Alex

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
wistling rexie said:
thanks for the help guys. is your godspeed dp that is on the way JDM or USDM spec? whats the difference between the two?
I belive the difference is the JDM and USDM are different lenghts, one is a few inches longer than the other. I think my downpipe will be a JDM since Dan told me he is importing the cat back from Japan but I am not sure I just told him to give me the one that fits the cat back. I know the Nur spec R is available in both JDM and USDM but I do not know about the Touring edition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn, am am down to two exhausts.... the nur spec r and the kakimoto gt 1.0 . the kaki is a bit more pricy, so i am probably leaning towards the nur spec so i could afford a dp aswell. Does anyone have a sound clip of the gt 1.0 Z? it would assist my decision greatly, thanks again:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd just buy the Kakimoto from Dan. I'm working on a deal with a UK Subaru dealership for a polished, twin-dump, down pipe (see attachment). Apparently, you can get this pipe from the dealership. However, I'm working with the actual manufacturer to get the prices down. The manufacturer is actually a MAJOR Impreza tuner in the UK. Wish me luck! The current price right now is $155 USD for the pipe, I'm still sorting out shipping issues. Take a look and tell me what you think!

wistling rexie said:
damn, am am down to two exhausts.... the nur spec r and the kakimoto gt 1.0 . the kaki is a bit more pricy, so i am probably leaning towards the nur spec so i could afford a dp aswell. Does anyone have a sound clip of the gt 1.0 Z? it would assist my decision greatly, thanks again:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts