1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
theres a huge difference between your motor and the STI motor. that intake may make a difference but that intake is really going to give best results on teh STI.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gusto said:
theres a huge difference between your motor and the STI motor. that intake may make a difference but that intake is really going to give best results on teh STI.
I know, the STi runs rich so the intake leans it out, but I want to give this a try. I will post up the results.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ive been runnning one for about two weeks now and the sound is great. Since mines an atuo i can hear the bov now everytime i let off the gas when im on boost. it gets annoying. For me it seems like it smoothed the car out a little bit more. I seems like the top-end got a little better to but i could be crazy. I think that it was worth the money. just my opinion though.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update:

Just picked up the intake this afternoon. Its a very well made piece. It also comes with a HUGE heatshield, which is a very nice feature. I dont have to worry about heat soak too much. It came in silver to match my intake manifold ( STi intake is red)

I'm going to probably install it tomorrow. here are a couple pics

heat shield

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am officially a ricer! :tongue: I installed it yesterday in like 15 degree weather and it looks and sounds amazing. The instructions were illustrated and very simple to follow. The only problem I came across I has to trim one of the heatshields to get the MAF cable to the sensor. I took it for a test run on my cobb stage 2 map, and it felt like it was pulling a tad bit harder. I was out all night last night without any problems, CELs, or anything. I dont know if it really pulls up top, because I uninstalled my AccessPort last night after the test run because I am switching to Utec.... so I lost about 20hp right there.

My AP is for sale if you check the personal for sale forum if anyone wants it. I loved the AP, but I didnt want to risk messing up my car for a map that was tuned with a stock airbox, and my future plans go beyond a little vf30 or 34.

Here it is:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts