Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the K&N part number for the panel filter that will fit in the stock airbox? How true is it that it wont void the warranty?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Paulie,

33-2075 is the number that directly crosses to the OEM filter. If you buy from www.subaruparts.com this is the filter you will get. This is the filter I have in my WRX and it fits fine. I know there is another part number that you can use (33-2031-2) that will also fit the WRX airbox.

Punk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Paulie,

Not a lot. I think the turbo spools a little quicker and you can here it a little more but I didn't notice anything on my butt dyno! I think it will make a difference over a dirty stock (paper) filter though.

Punk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys guys guys....its not the (33-2031-2). It kinda fits but let me tell you the 33-2031-1 fits 10 times better. Trust me I have tried both. As for the 2075, I have no experience with that. Even though the Subaru OEM filter part number corss-reference to the 2031-2 the 2031-1 fits better..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I ordered the 2075 one from Autozone and it should be in tomorrow, so we'll see how it fits. It was $41.99. I found the 2031-2 in the store and I compared it with the stock element and there were enough dimensional differences to warrant me waiting for the 2075 to come it. Thanks all for the info. Blazen- props to an awesome site by the way!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the 2075 fits, but there is some room between the filter element and the inside of the bottom of the airbox. Everything sealed up around the gasket of the filter, so it should be ok.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No prob. As far as results, seems like it gave the Rex a little more torque in the lower revs. Noticed as I'm cruising to work in 5th (stretch of highway driving) that I barely step on the gas to accelerate (up hill!) (not that I really had a problem beforehand), but it does seem to be a little stronger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts