ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. this is gonna sound really dumb, but i feel like the guys at checker may have screwed me over when i recently put an order in for a drop in filtercharger. for those who have this, what is the correct model # for an 02 US WRX? i went outside after p/u and dropped it in, just seemed like it didnt fit very well. it seemed to "sink in" in the middle, like it wasnt laying flat as it should. I dont have the model # in front of me, but can someone just put my mind at ease and fill me in here. thx

btw, claimed 7-9 hp gain, right?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I can check for you at some point if nobody else has the number handy. I just picked mine up this week and the box is still in my car. As for the HP gain, I'm not sure if it really made/makes a difference. I bought it to get the gain in gas mileage. I have been getting 23-24mpg, but hope to get more with the K&N.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Trust me, I feel your pain. I went through hell trying to get the right part number. I confirmed from K&N a week or two ago that the part number is 33-2232. Most stores don't have this part number listed in there books and they will sell you 33-2154 which is for an RS Impreza. I ordered it through a store and they told me it was on national backorder or something. I still have not recieved it. Most stores in my area are clueless especialy about parts for a WRX. Thank goodness I found this site!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, 33-2232 is the one. i got mine from checker in less than a day for 41.99
it just seemed that it doesnt fit as well as it should. anyway, thanks.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts