ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just won modded wrx injectors from ebay for 177 bucks...supposedly come with flowtest sheet and were flowtested..woot!

·
Registered
36 Posts
umm hate to tell you this but unmodded injectors cost about $50-60. You can mod them your self with a dremel for free. Flow testing and cleaning four injectors~$40-50. So you spent about $70 more than you had to.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Who can you get the injectors clean and tested for $50. I believe it was ultimate racing (I think thats the name) that i looked in to and they wanted about $25 per injector. SO that about $100 to get them tested and cleaned.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
can you use modded injectors with an accessport?

I thought that the ECU relies on the fact that the flow rate is a known value so that it can be controlled in terms of % duty cycle. So unless you get a custom tune, your ECU won't be able to take advantage of the higher flow rate.

AP stage 2.5 (and stage 3) requires STi pink injectors. I thought that this was because they have a known higher flow rate and the fuel map was based on duty cycle of a pink injector. Could I get regular modded injectors that flow higher than the pinks and still work or would the higher flow rate screw up the fuel map?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAMN oh well $hit happens. I was just going to do mine on my own and not flow test them...but then again i can just cut mine, get em flow tested and put them up on ebay for the same price!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a question. I want to do my injectors and fuel pump, I was just going to upgrade to STI stuff. Do I need to buy an ECU flash or a piggy back for this mod (on a 2002 wrx ej20)? Or can I just reset the ecu after the installation?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You need a reflash or some form of engine management to run any injectors other than stock. That includes modded stock injectors since they will be about 740cc injectors after you mod them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
MidnightFLAT4 said:
too bad Cobb doesnt have any maps for injectors that big...
Werd, I'm wondering myself how anyone with an accessport is gonna run injectors that big without getting the car tuned by an ap dealer.

What are you running that you need injectors that big?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm only running a VF-34 but with the pump upgrade, injectors and fuel rails I can run almost any turbo I want now and I don't have to worry about the fuel system. That and modded stockers are a real value compaired to any other injector upgrade.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey...you said you are running modded stock injectors?? I am waiting on them and my fuel pump and utec which should be here next week??? what are you doing for engine management? I am just worried because all the utec maps are setup off sti injectors as far as i know and im worried i wont be able to get the utec to work with the upgraded injectors!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts