ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...I just got the Cobb AP (stage 1) for my 2005 WRX wagon, and I'm psyched about the results! Of course now I've got the "bug", so I'm looking for what to do next.

What are your thoughts on going to the stage 2 map and, instead of going with the entire Cobb stage 2 pipes package, only going with the 3" downpipe...holding off for a while on the cat-back? Can I expect to see noticeable results with just the downpipe?

Also, how highly do you recommend upgrading the front & rear sways for stage 1 or stage 2...keeping in mind that I'm not running my WRX on the track, and that I won't be doing the installation myself?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
The DP is fine with the stock catback. You wont see "the most power" from the setup but it will be a good increase. While you are doing the DP make sure you get the up pipe swapped out of there also. Raising the boost with the stock UP isnt a good ideas.

Sway bars/endlinks along with tires and some minor brake work will really complete a stage 2 wrx.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I guess I've got some further questions about the brake & suspension work, but I'll post those in the appropriate forums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts