Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving COBB's AccessECU a try.

As soon as i get it back i'll let ya all know how it is.

I am setting an apointment sometime in early April for couple dyno runs, also will keep everyone posted.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!:D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you know that they are closed today? I sent it out anyways though. The message said that they would be back in tomorrow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm going to have them do mine in a few weeks. What maps are you guys getting? Please let me know what the results are!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm getting a map for a stock WRX which is their stage 1 map. My ECU is on it's way back to me now. It should be here tomorrow afternoon and will be installed and tested tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does it compare to the Vishnu reflash? Price? Hp? I was going to go with the Vishnu reflash but this has me thinking now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
dudes! its "tomorrow" post them results!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
hehe, yeah post em!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am not quite sure which map i'm gonna be using, but Trey told me this guy just got his car dyno'ed tuned w/ same type of mods i have, so i think i might be getting something simular to that.

I cant wait, should be in on friday. I CANT WAIT

·
Registered
635 Posts
that's a pretty funky avatar scaryfast

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha that's the funniest one i can find.

i had this awesome one w/ this little boy in a tricycle doing a drift, but it's too big of .gif to be used, and gay spidy is just funny looking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ScaryFast_EJ20 said:
haha that's the funniest one i can find.

i had this awesome one w/ this little boy in a tricycle doing a drift, but it's too big of .gif to be used, and gay spidy is just funny looking.
OMG, Gayer-than-Gay Spidey is the funniest damn thing I've ever seen! I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes... Nice score on the AccessECU. I'll be doing it sometime this summer, probably.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
how long will it take for flashed ECU to "learn" my car?

I got mine back, but i'm not makind full boost, something wrong w/ the boost controler connection, I think i messed it up when i took off my MBC, i forgot how the "T" went back together...But i dont think that will prevent me from reaching full boost, i would think it's either over boost or no boost at all if I mixed up the "T".... I did loose a hose clamp, i had to rig it up, so that might be it, after all it was like 3am when i finally put my new catback on (I just wrote a post reviewing my Invidia RS*R catback), and plugged in my ECU.

It is 6am now, i'm gonna pass out and double check my connection when i wake up....

·
Registered
635 Posts
good luck "spidey";) this Access flash is definetely what im leaning toward,...post them results

·
Registered
46 Posts
ScaryFast_EJ20 said:
how long will it take for flashed ECU to "learn" my car?

I got mine back, but i'm not makind full boost, something wrong w/ the boost controler connection, I think i messed it up when i took off my MBC, i forgot how the "T" went back together...But i dont think that will prevent me from reaching full boost, i would think it's either over boost or no boost at all if I mixed up the "T".... I did loose a hose clamp, i had to rig it up, so that might be it, after all it was like 3am when i finally put my new catback on (I just wrote a post reviewing my Invidia RS*R catback), and plugged in my ECU.

It is 6am now, i'm gonna pass out and double check my connection when i wake up....
You should try the Vishnu reset and see if it works, i noticed a difference on my stock ECU when I had to reset it. Vishnu Reset -James

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the Cobb reflash is $395 plus you pickup shipping.

So if this is even good on bone stock like mine, I might not be able to resist :D

Even their stage 1 at sub $1000 is interesting. Does anyone have any opinion if the catback that comes with their stage 1 kit is a good investment?

I was thinking about rims & tires but I might just get the Cobb stage 1 & only get better tires (on stock rims) :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
According to Cobb, the #'s on the web site for "Stage 1" are actually for a stock WRX. The catback/K&N filter don't add much I guess. My car is pretty much stock and I had them do the "Stage 1" AccessECU reflash... its awesome. Enough said. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts