ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a WRX 2001 that I have purchased for my wife. Had its 170K service no issues, except the duty solonoid, which has now been replaced. After the service the car ran perfectly, but yesterday they replaced the duty solonoid and the car seems to be struggling when idle, it doesnt cut out but gets close. Would the ECU need to be reset considering the duty soloniod is now working (no telling how long it had not been working as we only has the car for 2 weeks)? I am a little stuck.

Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
You could simply try resetting the ECU and see what happens I suppose. To do so, remove the battery's earth lead, press the brake pedal for a few moments, then reconnect the battery.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Hi,

I have a WRX 2001 that I have purchased for my wife. Had its 170K service no issues, except the duty solonoid, which has now been replaced. After the service the car ran perfectly, but yesterday they replaced the duty solonoid and the car seems to be struggling when idle, it doesnt cut out but gets close. Would the ECU need to be reset considering the duty soloniod is now working (no telling how long it had not been working as we only has the car for 2 weeks)? I am a little stuck.

Thanks for any help.
What solenoid exactly did they replace and why?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts