ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody has any reviews on it,good bad, im looking for feed back from the community,and if anybody had any experience with that brand,not looking for negative criticism of my choice of after market parts,thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
You buy a part, then ask for opinions, as long as they support your purchase?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's awesome! Have you bought your car yet?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You buy a part, then ask for opinions, as long as they support your purchase?
I think he means criticism of using aftermarket parts in general. Not the header specifically.

No experience with the parts though, sorry

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Tomei usually makes pretty quality stuff.

Just make sure to tune for the parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for a simple,yet straight forward answer,and as far as tuning ive been told for headers you dont have to,perhaps they are wrong, but thanks for giving me heads up,ill deff look into that,boost happy

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
thanks for a simple,yet straight forward answer,and as far as tuning ive been told for headers you dont have to,perhaps they are wrong, but thanks for giving me heads up,ill deff look into that,boost happy
Whoever told you that is wrong and you shouldn't listen to them anymore. You WILL 100% need tuned

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
so tomei makes great parts.. Your good there but.... have you done any other modifications? What year is the car?

Headers dont typically give you much of a gain in power, they may change where your power hits but.. meh..

Up pipe.. While needed on 02-05 wrxs if you own an 06+ you basically just wasted your money unless going ewg.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the question is and what type of input is "allowed" here.

So to answer the question as precisely as possible, "yes". People do have input on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What year car do you have? Any pics?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about Tomei.. but without a tune I would only expect to lose power and/or have reliability issues after the install. Headers change the volumetric efficiency of the engine, which should be tuned for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts