ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just grabbed my brand new 12 blue wrx! getting the sub cat back and short shifter installed next week..
so pumped to have a nice car again after i had to sell my evo 2 years ago after my fiancee was pregnant
just curious and im sure its going to be a bit biased but whats the best wrx forum? i saw this one and nasioc.

also im a noob to subies but have had a 95 gsx eclipse that had in the neighborhood of 600hp (that i blew about 15k on when i was young and dumb) and an evo with some basic full exhaust (external dump), intercooler piping and intake, ran 13 flat so any basic mods you guys can reccomend? definetly want to keep my warranty for a few years so i know my options are very limited but im all ears!
thanks guys!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Most people are a member of both. Personally I like the community of clubwrx better, but everyone uses nasioc for the classifieds at least.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Congrats! I'm in the same boat as you.. I've got both forums open right now lol.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
They color matched the trunk decal for 2012, gotta say, that's a nice touch. Mines is a 2011, so it's that brushed aluminum.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Yea, they sell a SPT carbon fiber overlay for almost 200 dollars. I'm going to try and avoid picking up any cosmetic touches for this car as of now.. I'd love to get the short throw shifter, and shifter bushings because the throws are so bloody long for no reason. 2nd to 3rd is a marathon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i had the short shifter and the cat back tossed in my deal for a few extra bucks a month so i took it .. i hear the short throw shifter isnt that good either.. but it has to be better than the stock one

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Indeed indeed. It's not bad, but it's not that great either. Subaru's are notorious for feeling like you're driving a truck, though some people prefer the engagement feel.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
the short shifter will only shorten the throws.If you want better shifter feel which IMO is equally important you have to change the shifter bushings.Factory short shifters do not come with upgraded bushings unless you specifically ordered them.

You can also get the CF trunk trim for a lot less.It just might not say "SPT" on it.

Deprecated Browser Error

1 - 20 of 20 Posts