ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this turbo up and It has no serial number on it. Very minimal shaft play (Is that bad with it?) The guy said its a evo 16G just wasn't exactly sure which one specifically, I just want to Identify the exact name of it and if it is of course a 16G. IMG_20120318_165716 (1024x768).jpg IMG_20120318_165725 (1024x768).jpg IMG_20120318_165736 (1024x768).jpg IMG_20120318_165748 (1024x768).jpg IMG_20120318_165755 (1024x768).jpg

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
It is impossible to tell what compressor the turbo has without measuring the compressor wheel inducer and exducer. Simple as that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so your saying just measure the compressor wheel size on both ends and the diameter of that will let me know which turbo it is..? Thanks, I will measure it right now and get back with the measurements.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got about 2inches inducer and roughly about 1.8 inches exducer. I Used a real accurate app for it but will re measure again tomorrow with a ruler so it may be give or take a hair on each number, nothing significant. Do those numbers sound about right for a 16G? Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to RSP.com and looked at the pics of the blouch 16gxt and it looks exactly like this one I got, numbers in the exact same spots. The spot that looks polished off is bare on mine and the one online, kinda where it looks like a number was buffed off but really wasn't. Hopefully it is a blouch 16g turbo. That'd be nice to know.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Got about 2inches inducer and roughly about 1.8 inches exducer.
You mean 1.8" inducer and 2" exducer. What app? The proper tool would have been a slide caliper. A small 16G has a 1.83" inducer and 2.36" exducer. The EvoIII wheel has a 1.89" inducer and a 2.68" exducer.

zack said:
I went to RSP.com and looked at the pics of the blouch 16gxt and it looks exactly like this one I got, numbers in the exact same spots. The spot that looks polished off is bare on mine and the one online, kinda where it looks like a number was buffed off but really wasn't. Hopefully it is a blouch 16g turbo. That'd be nice to know.
It's not a 16G-XT. The 16G-XT has a billet wheel. And on mine at least,Blouch stamped the name on the compressor name plate along with some build numbers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea the measurements weren't 100% that I got only because I didnt take the thing apart to measure it. I used just a ruler like app, and tried to get the best numbers possible that way.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yea the measurements weren't 100% that I got only because I didnt take the thing apart to measure it. I used just a ruler like app, and tried to get the best numbers possible that way.
It's impossible to properly measure it without removing the compressor cover. And I wouldn't use an "app" to do it. I would use one of these:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I'm supposed to be installing it in the next couple days week max. So lets just hope from there its good then.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
A small 16G will do fine with 550cc or 565cc injectors while a EvoIII 16G would probably do better with 650cc injectors. That would be why knowing the size of the turbo is important so you can properly size injectors to go with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is it easy enough to pop off the housing to measure the compressor wheel and then stick it back together?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts