ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing why you guys think of the new lip kit I put on. I had quite a big of red on the front and I think it really ties it into the back.

Attachments

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
You really want to know what we think?

It's f***ing ugly. That's what I think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: a5m

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Too much red then? Wouldn't really be much trouble to sand down and paint black.

Thanks for the honesty zax any ideas though?

Reactions: PilotRudy

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
Yeah it's too much red, not cohesive. I prefer a more subdued look, ymmv.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
22 Posts
I thought it was a photoshopped picture.

Way too much red. Maybe no red is best, or just mirrors and fender badge if you really want it.

·
11,953 Posts
You do you. It doesn't matter if we think its good or bad. I wouldn't do it, however its less the way you painted it and the contrast of those colors.

I like those wheels. Too many people wanted to ditch them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the input all. I know the contrast is pretty big just wanted to try something new. It's all just a project for me the paint and time I put into it is all just fun for me. What do you think about everything back to black except grill/front bumper pieces and wrx symbol on the side to a deep blue?

Yea I definitely like the stock wheels I kept them for my winter tires setup. I got very similar ones for my summer tires, but just 10 spoke instead.

I also did my interior first time painting interior I feel Iike in did a good job but not sure how I feel about it. Might also repaint to a deep blue or obsidian black pearl like the outside.

Attachments

·
BooSTIng
2,866 Posts
Your car, your money, your taste. If you like it then leave it man. But if you are asking for opinions...… It's too much. Overkill and makes the car look..... meh. Maybe leave the hood scoop red, the part under the mirrors red and the side ornaments on the front fender red (getting black vinyl for the wrx part would look good and offset the red).

Reactions: a5m

·
Registered
48 Posts
OP i think its alright enough. just imo dont put anymore red - i think the red black scheme right now looks good enough. if you go anymore red i dont think it would work.

·
11,953 Posts
Thanks for the input all. I know the contrast is pretty big just wanted to try something new. It's all just a project for me the paint and time I put into it is all just fun for me. What do you think about everything back to black except grill/front bumper pieces and wrx symbol on the side to a deep blue?

Yea I definitely like the stock wheels I kept them for my winter tires setup. I got very similar ones for my summer tires, but just 10 spoke instead.

I also did my interior first time painting interior I feel Iike in did a good job but not sure how I feel about it. Might also repaint to a deep blue or obsidian black pearl like the outside.
As much as people tend to blast others for "silly" appearance modifications at the end of the day as long as its safe its nobodies business but yours.

Let me ask you. How do you feel about it? Often times asking others opinions on things like this is trying to reinforce a questionable feeling you have about it. Its like zax hates the 06 STI. I think its one of the better looking if not the best looking. Its a tight race for the 06 and the GR STI hatch for me. You have the sedan, and its tough looking no matter what.

If I could find a Lancia Delta Integrale evo2 Id paint that bad bastard straight up with the Martini Racing livery.

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
Its like zax hates the 06 STI. I think its one of the better looking if not the best looking.
I think the point @XJman is trying to make is that he is wrong, but that it's OK to be wrong!

Reactions: WRX-maniac

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you're going for a batmobile theme, then you nailed it. Just add some batwing canards and replace the Subaru log with the batman logo.

·
Registered
2013 WRX
5 Posts
Too much red then? Wouldn't really be much trouble to sand down and paint black.

Thanks for the honesty zax any ideas though?
Yeah it's too much red, not cohesive. I prefer a more subdued look, ymmv.

I thought it was a photoshopped picture.

Way too much red. Maybe no red is best, or just mirrors and fender badge if you really want it.
Having just the hood scoop as red i think would be a nice subtle look, but as many others have said, it is your car. Be proud of what you do if it brings you joy to your baby.

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
114 Posts
If you want my opinion, its a little to much red, but you do you man! I always say, I build my car for me, no one else. Sometime this summer I plan on getting the battle aero chassis mounted wing, I'm sure there will be haters, but its my car, so let em hate!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts