Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT Guy: So, what operating system are you using on your laptop?

Fellow Salesperson: Oh, I've always used AOL.

This job makes me more stupid every day. Somebody shoot me.

·
Registered
779 Posts
LOL!!!:D

Has this person ever stuck a floppy in his cd rom? Just sounds like the type of person that would.;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has this person ever stuck a floppy in his cd rom?
The stories about this particular person are endless. I could write a full season of Ripley's Believe It or Not on this person.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ha, ha, ha!!! I have to hear this kind of crap every day, but usually I'm the IT guy asking the question. Like when we upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP, people kept asking if Office XP was better than Windows 98.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG, it gets better. This person is now trying to hang file folder holders, the kind that mount to the wall, with sticky tape instead of screws. He/she apparently has never taken a physics class because you can't put 20 full files in a file folder holder attached with sticky tape to DRYWALL. Now, the floor is absolutely covered with important papers.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. He/she just tried it again with the same results. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
junaitari said:
Ha, ha, ha!!! I have to hear this kind of crap every day, but usually I'm the IT guy asking the question. Like when we upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP, people kept asking if Office XP was better than Windows 98.
You should've answered, "Office XP is NEVER going to be better than Windows 98!"
I could just imagine the panic you could've caused. Too funny. :D :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
cnoff said:
OMG, it gets better. This person is now trying to hang file folder holders, the kind that mount to the wall, with sticky tape instead of screws. He/she apparently has never taken a physics class because you can't put 20 full files in a file folder holder attached with sticky tape to DRYWALL. Now, the floor is absolutely covered with important papers.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. He/she just tried it again with the same results. :confused: :confused:
Are you sure that person isn't mentally incapacitated? Maybe he/she got dropped on his/her head a couple of times when he/she was a baby. Or he/she might've eatten paint chips for breakfast every single day of his/her life.;)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I love Office stupidity. This is good fodder for some Dilbert cartoons

-Josh

·
Registered
15 Posts
cnoff said:
...Now, the floor is absolutely covered with important papers.

My little saying goes like:
"Even after a few shocks a rat learns its way through a maze."

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
cnoff said:
IT Guy: So, what operating system are you using on your laptop?

Fellow Salesperson: Oh, I've always used AOL.

This job makes me more stupid every day. Somebody shoot me.
LOL! You need to send that file called "cupholder.exe" to this person. (You know, the one that opens your CD tray when you run it.)

As far as the files on the floor, perhaps you could suggest using twice as much tape since that would obviously hold twice as much.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

WRXed said:

LOL! You need to send that file called "cupholder.exe" to this person. (You know, the one that opens your CD tray when you run it.)
I think he/she already uses it as a cupholder.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

WRXed said:

As far as the files on the floor, perhaps you could suggest using twice as much tape since that would obviously hold twice as much.:rolleyes:
You should't make fun of her, instead try to help her. Just tell her to use crazy glue or some quick drying cement or another bonding agent. It wouldn't surprise me if she were to "Glue herself to.....herself.":D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

Kira said:

You should't make fun of her, instead try to help her. Just tell her to use crazy glue or some quick drying cement or another bonding agent. It wouldn't surprise me if she were to "Glue herself to.....herself.":D
Funny you should refer to this person as a "her". I was trying to avoid any sexisms, but you are right, Kira. I think she is possibly sniffing the glue.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

cnoff said:

Funny you should refer to this person as a "her". I was trying to avoid any sexisms, but you are right, Kira. I think she is possibly sniffing the glue.
I got a distinctive vibe when you mentioned her trying to put that file holder up with tape. At my previous job, there was this very nice girl that did the exact same type of things. Coincidentally, she was a blonde. What was funny is that she'd use her blondeness as an excuse for her stupidity. Her saving grace was that she had huge knockers, otherwise who knows if the higher ups would've kept her as long as they did.:D ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

Kira said:

I got a distinctive vibe when you mentioned her trying to put that file holder up with tape. At my previous job, there was this very nice girl that did the exact same type of things. Coincidentally, she was a blonde. What was funny is that she'd use her blondeness as an excuse for her stupidity. Her saving grace was that she had huge knockers, otherwise who knows if the higher ups would've kept her as long as they did.:D ;)
This poor girl, she has one accident a month; a suspended license; parks in handicapped spots if there is one drop of rain; curses like a sailor in a professional setting; etc. Her saving grace is that she is quite hot.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I got a call about a month ago...

Me: Computing Helpdesk, this is Armin
Them: Hey I'm having trouble logging onto this computer
Me: Can you tell me the name of the computer so I can connect to it remotely?
Them: Dell
Me: Okay...well can you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and then click on the drop-down box...it should say the computer name there as the 2nd option
Them: Oh, the computer isn't on...
Me: All right, go ahead and turn the computer on and give me a call if you still can't log into it.
Them: (in a very happy voice) Great! Thanks! I'll give you a call if anything goes wrong! Thanks again!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

cnoff said:

This poor girl, she has one accident a month; a suspended license; parks in handicapped spots if there is one drop of rain; curses like a sailor in a professional setting; etc. Her saving grace is that she is quite hot.
The pretty ones always get away with everything!!:mad: :mad: :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just overheard in my office...

Kira said:

The pretty ones always get away with everything!!:mad: :mad: :(
Pretty = High maintenance = thumbs down

·
Registered
649 Posts
Verdugo said:
I got a call about a month ago...

Me: Computing Helpdesk, this is Armin
Them: Hey I'm having trouble logging onto this computer
Me: Can you tell me the name of the computer so I can connect to it remotely?
Them: Dell
Me: Okay...well can you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and then click on the drop-down box...it should say the computer name there as the 2nd option
Them: Oh, the computer isn't on...
Me: All right, go ahead and turn the computer on and give me a call if you still can't log into it.
Them: (in a very happy voice) Great! Thanks! I'll give you a call if anything goes wrong! Thanks again!

:rolleyes:

THAT'S FUNNY!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts