ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I ordered Just ordered Perrin Stage 1! I can't wait to install it on my 2011 WRX. I think I will star with a Perrin map. Any advice? Past experiences? Will I have a big smile?! So pumped! It's my first mod besides my Blizzaks. :woocow:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well guys, I ordered Just ordered Perrin Stage 1! I can't wait to install it on my 2011 WRX. I think I will star with a Perrin map. Any advice? Past experiences? Will I have a big smile?! So pumped! It's my first mod besides my Blizzaks. :woocow:
Congrats! I don't know about the perrin stage 1 but I felt like the Cobb stage OTS maps were worthless.

If you feel like its not a huge difference, check out Torqued Performance

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have used all 3 of those stage 1 maps and preferred the Cobb map so I disagree on Cobb being worthless. It don't really matter because once you buy an AP the mod bug has begun and you won't be stage 1 for long.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I agree, the COBB maps certainly not worthless, would a pro-tune be better of course but for OTS map made to work on different cars it's a noticeable increase in power, or so my butt dyno tells me...

·
Registered
719 Posts
I shouldn't say worthless you are right. I hardly noticed much at stage 1

However I noticed a huge difference in the TS OTS maps.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
The power gains at Stage 1 are marginal, but I don't think there's an easier way to increase horsepower leaving all else stock. I consider it a great way to get your feet wet with the mod bug.

The Cobb maps do dramatically smooth out the powerband over stock. The turbo engages earlier in the revs, and the power delivery is more linear.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
I shouldn't say worthless you are right. I hardly noticed much at stage 1

However I noticed a huge difference in the TS OTS maps.
I've tried the TP stage 2 map also. Didn't notice much difference in power but I didn't care for the way the car felt under normal driving (2-3k rpms) so I am just running the Cobb map until I get a protune.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The Cobb stage 1 map on my STI made a HUGE difference. I know it's not just a regular WRX...

I'd stick with your stock filter personally.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've tried the TP stage 2 map also. Didn't notice much difference in power but I didn't care for the way the car felt under normal driving (2-3k rpms) so I am just running the Cobb map until I get a protune.
I should do that. I may wait though. I'm considering more mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts