ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealers have no photos nor marketing materials yet, but they do have access to pricing now. My local dealer (Prestige Subaru) is the largest in the SE and even with the volume they sell they have been told that they will be alotted only 1 new WRX to be delivered before the end of the year. It shall be mine!!:woocow:

·
Registered
102 Posts
The dealers have no photos nor marketing materials yet, but they do have access to pricing now. My local dealer (Prestige Subaru) is the largest in the SE and even with the volume they sell they have been told that they will be alotted only 1 new WRX to be delivered before the end of the year. It shall be mine!!:woocow:
I hope the dealer mentioned to you that the first WRX they receive will be the new World Rally Hot Pink color!

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Impossible to drive a 2012. They're not here yet. I have driven the 2011. Very minor changes for 2012.

·
Registered
189 Posts
congratulations and now comes the dreded waiting

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any info on the 2012 STI? Is it the same as '11?
Definitely no major changes for the 2012 STI. They're saying perhaps a little change to the seat stitching, stereo and display, and center of wheels, but even that has not been 100% confirmed. Other than saying it will be VERY similar to the 2011 SOA has left the dealers in the dark. They probably won't know all the details until they see them in person.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any info on the 2012 STI? Is it the same as '11?
The short list of changes are..
1) The headlights have changed from a black headlight background to silver. They cited this change as due to regulations.
2) The wheels have slightly changed to a different spoke pattern
3) The center console trim is now a dark gray instead of silver
4) -DELETED-
5) The trunk trim is now body color rather than silver
6) There is a new/upgraded head unit option that includes SMS messaging capabilities
7) (Unconfirmed), some areas are reporting that Plasma Blue Pearl is now a color option for the WRX
8) (unconfirmed) The STI and WRX stitching in the seats MAY be removed on the fabric seats, but will remain on the leather. This one is iffy as the leaked press releases say this is correct, but leaked photos tell a different story.

Thats the gist of it. Everything else is the same as 2011. Overall the look changes slightly due to the wheels and silver headlamps, but not drastic changes.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I read the list of changes posted by Dramlin, and looked at the pics in the link hmbrewd posted.... Must say, that radio antenna does not look 'shark fin' at all. I was expecting what BMW uses, the ones that look like an aquatic fin

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
More on the 2012:

2012 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Limited 4dr Wagon 5M 2.5L Turbo H4 265hp 244ft. lbs. 5-Speed Manual

I know that it's been a few years, but it still surprises me to see the black plastic intake manifold on the newer Subies.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems like people are most shocked over the silver-backed headlights that the 12's are sporting. Personally, I'm starting to think it looks good on the dark colors.

2012 Rex = the "Brighteye"

·
Registered
139 Posts
I read the list of changes posted by Dramlin, and looked at the pics in the link hmbrewd posted.... Must say, that radio antenna does not look 'shark fin' at all. I was expecting what BMW uses, the ones that look like an aquatic fin
Yes, it seems I plum made that one up. When I saw the list of the changes I also saw a few pictures of the 2012 model. Initially it looked like it had a shark fin, but now on closer inspection it seems they took the pictures with the antenna unscrewed. Sorry about the mix-up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts