ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's,

Very new to this site and wow is there a lot of information on here to read, it's great to have this resource when needed. I ordered a 2012 WRX Limited. I'm from Canada and I think our model's are a little different. I ordered a limited and my dealer say's it come's with Navigation, HID's, Sunroof, leather, and Foglights. I really want to make sure that this is correct and he is not going to say " Or sorry I thought it came with Navigation and HID's " when it come's in. When I look online it say's that navigation and HID's are only on STI sport tech packages. Anyone have any info if my dealer is right the car does come with HID's and Navigation.

And between White, Black and the dark grey Metallic which do you guy's prefer? My dealer has none in stock so it's tough to decide.

Anyway's thanks for the advice/Help.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
welcome, i dont believe it comes with the navigation but im sure they come with the hid's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Everything you listed is included with the Limited package except navigation. The vehicle is able to have navigation but it is an option, not part of a package. I went with WR Blue Pearl but the dark gray looks VERY good in person.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
DGM FTW!!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Listen to all these people saying white......come to the dark side!! (dark grey metallic that is!!)

·
Registered
459 Posts
if you want paint that is easy to care for, choose white. if you want to see every imperfection on your paint, choose a darker color. the subaru paint is not very good either and going with a darker color will just accelerate its deterioration.

not to mention if you leave bird crap on dark paint on a hot summer day for over a minute, your paint is ruined.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a Canadian 11 WRX Limited and it does not have navigation or HIDs. It does have the Alcantara upholstery, the sunroof and foglights.

On subaru.ca it shows for the 12 WRX:

Headlights: Contoured multi-reflector halogen (high beam)
Headlights: Projector beam halogen (low beam)
Audio system: AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA

and for the STI:

Multimedia system: Pioneer® AVIC - X9310BT in-dash navigation/audio system with colour touchscreen, smartphone integration and DVD playback
Headlights: Projector beam Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) (low beam) with manual leveling

Your salesman has no clue. Get the Satin White Pearl.

·
Registered
280 Posts
is it a hatch or a sedan? if a hatch - white, sedan - dark grey! Personally I like blue hatches best, but that's just me :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think i also read that White wrx's get black spots around the exhausts, not sure how accurate that is tho.
yeah i've read that too, but 31k miles later i don't have that issue. i think it may have something to do with the fact that i have a hatch though, and the mufflers are not directly below a painted area on the bumper like the sedans. this doesnt mean that the other colors are immune to this, just the fact that it's easier to see on white.

564505_353807637994138_100000947152274_993574_337108374_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
See I like black. It's a pain in the ass to take care of but I enjoy detailing so it's no big deal to me. I'm just not a fan of light colors, regardless how easy they are to take care of. But hey, do what you want, you know what they say about opinions... ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts