ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New to the forum, been snooping around a bit while considering the purchase. Just put in the order tonight for my first subie, so the waiting game begins...

The dealer told me 6-8 weeks, but I'm getting the vibe that it may be the latter end of that. Anyone here have a better idea what to expect? Kinda sucks getting the car in the middle of winter on summer tires. I'll be looking for cheap winter tires I suppose.

This place looks like a great resource, and I'm sure I'll be here a lot once the car arrives!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome!

8-12wks is probably a better time frame. Mine was exactly 8 weeks.

Grab yourself a set of winter wheels/tires while you wait. The day after I got mine I put my snow tires on and we got 8" that night.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum! waited 6 weeks for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im over in DE, maybe it will be a little better here. The dealer I ordered from actually had a few on the lot already (luckily b/c I was having a heck of a time finding one to test drive).

I know its not ideal but is 4wd in snow on summer tires managable? Im coming from rwd with all-seasons and would want at least better control than that. I will be looking into winter wheels/tires either way.

·
Æternum
20,959 Posts
Interesting the number of members coming to the WRX from Mustangs (especially considered how impressive the new breed of Mustang is). Of course, I'm making a lot of assumptions based off your username alone. Welcome :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha good eye yes I'm coming from a 98 GT. I am thoroughly impressed where Ford has taken the Mustang and it was definitely on my short list. The idea of some utility with the 5-door and 4 wheel drive on the wrx helped win me over as well as some other points (uniqueness).

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
8 weeks for me, and it came last Feb. I bought wheels and winter tires from Tirerack and brought them with me on the day I picked her up. Had the dealer install them for free. They are an important investment, and will make the car a beast in bad weather, while adding longevity to the summer tires.

The wait is a bear but it will be worth it! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts