ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I just installed my OBX TBE, installation was very smooth, other than ripped out the silencer out the muffler.

The car hasnt gotten the CEL associated with having a catless system. Does anyone know why? My car already has the Vishnu stage Zero piggyback system, is there maybe a chance that plays a part in the no CEL trigger?

BTW, the car is sick now, I cant believe how much more power it has, feels like im driving a different car. Boost spools up way before 3k, and it pulled to the point of throwing me back in my seat.

couple days ago i ordered a $15 CEL fix, which connects to the o2 censor that goes into the Downpipe. Looks like it may not be needed.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Just give it time. Sometimes the CEL won't come on for several days or who knows how long. I'd do the fix anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, your right, Im gonna throw in the fix anyway, I already paid for it :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Some engine management systems take care of CEL's. Maybe Vishnu's did the same as well?

·
Registered
331 Posts
blackrexNJ said:
hey, I just installed my OBX TBE, installation was very smooth, other than ripped out the silencer out the muffler.

The car hasnt gotten the CEL associated with having a catless system. Does anyone know why? My car already has the Vishnu stage Zero piggyback system, is there maybe a chance that plays a part in the no CEL trigger?

BTW, the car is sick now, I cant believe how much more power it has, feels like im driving a different car. Boost spools up way before 3k, and it pulled to the point of throwing me back in my seat.

couple days ago i ordered a $15 CEL fix, which connects to the o2 censor that goes into the Downpipe. Looks like it may not be needed.

It didn't happen to me until i let it rev real high like around 7k and then I got the P2404 or something cat inefficeincy CEL get thrown. If you drive normal then it should be ok. I put in a helix up/dp plus espelir exhaust

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Usually takes around 100 or so miles for it to come on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts