ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid ass jiffy lube - cost me 60$ for an oil change. I am never going back there again. I called my local subaru the other day, he said it would be like 35$ with everything (labor and parts) but it neeeded oil bad, and they were closed until tuesday (4 days away) so i just took it to jiffy lube, and it cost me 60$. IM SOOO ANGRY!

where do u guys go to get oil changed (who dont do it themselves, i would but dont have the know how or time right now) From now on, im taking it to my subaru dealer only.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Phew....I thought you were gonna tell us about your sex life!

I do everything on my cars, but i am a very mechanical person who is more comfortable with a wrench.

Generaly oil changes are pretty simple...some car manufacturs some times put the oil filters in some funky places, but with a lil time and paitience anybody should be able to change their own oil.

The part that sucks is getting Hot oil on you, cause you don't want to change the oil cold.

In the Matience section look for post on changing the oil and filter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

ya next time im definatly going to try and do it myself, but then again, the next time it will need it it will be like november and be cold out. So... i have swim team which is before and after school = no time.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yup, changing oil is like changing your underwear... when its dirty time to change:D . Very simple and you don't have to even be mechanically inclined to do it. Hardest part is taking off the undertray. The rest is "facil". one bolt.... something to put used oil in..... unscrew old filter and replace..... fill with new oil.... woila! done.... well almost. Replace undertray when done.

·
Registered
0 Posts
$60!!!! Wow.. did they use K-Y too?

Change it yourself, it's no big deal, one of the easiest cars to change oil on. And you can change it when you need to instead of being at the mercy of someone elses schedule.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i would of changed it myself, but to be honest. I have no time right now with everything that is goin on (work, swimming and school starting up again) so it may have to be a while before i give it a go myself. Cause today is the only day off i have, and for like the next week or 2 weeks before school is going again, im working all day. Sucks, but it will bring in good money for the school year.

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
I bought a 5 qt jug of Mobil1 5W-30 @ Wal-Mart for just over 20 bucks, and a Purolator PureOne oil filter at Advance Auto Parts for around 5 bucks. Full synthetic Oil change: 25 dolla.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined person either. My first time took me only like 15 min. It's something that can easily be done on the weekend.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eh what may take u 5-10 mins would easily take me like 30 mins because i am just horrible with cars like that.

plus ya , i really dont have the time right now bc im working freakin' full work days and then sleep b/c im soo tired after it. Im not sure how u grown ups do it all the time.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i went to jiffy lube once, ONCE. i had to laugh my ass off because i watched them fighting over which one broke my car because the turbo timer kept the engine idling and when they took the key out they almost sh!t themselves. then, promptly 33 seconds later, it shut off.

<sigh> then i had to give a 2 min crash course on how a turbo timer works and why i have one.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
someone else can take that one... ;)

a change at jiffy lube shouldnt be that much. did you get synthetic or what/??

no oil change form anywhere should be that much!!(well aside from bigass cars)

the oil is easy on the rex...

right in the center underneath the car after the plastic skid plate...

the filter and plug areright there, within 6-8 inches of each other

perfectly accessible right there in plain view on the bottom.

youuuuuu can dooooooooooo eeeeiiiiit !!!!

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
happens to me all the time....

...SCREWING, that is

on topic:

NEVER EVVAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR go to Jiffy boob.
damnit, they SUCK!!!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
gusto said:
a change at jiffy lube shouldnt be that much. did you get synthetic or what/??
the $60 he spent was probably for a signature series synthetic oil change, with some kind of discount (triple-a, $5 off, etc). I used to work there.

those prices are right on, expensive, but correct.

I get my oil changed at jiffy lube, but for $40 out the door. the extra $10 or something I spend is worth it to me as I live in an apt, etc and don't have the means to really change it myself.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
wrxinfx said:
yup, changing oil is like changing your underwear... when its dirty time to change:D . Very simple and you don't have to even be mechanically inclined to do it. Hardest part is taking off the undertray. The rest is "facil". one bolt.... something to put used oil in..... unscrew old filter and replace..... fill with new oil.... woila! done.... well almost. Replace undertray when done.

I don't even take the undertray off.. it's not hard at all. Although I ALWAYS spill hot oil all over my hand, and usually end up dropping the drain plug in the used oil..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts