ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got installed today my VF30, TurboXS UP, PDE DP, STI Injectors, Warlboro Fuel Pump, and Cobb Stage 2.5 reflash. I have a couple questions concerning this whole setup.

My CEL is on.. but I thought cobb's reflash killed the CEL? So if that is true, could there be something wrong with the car? The car seems to be running fine... I mean, it moves pretty damn fast lol.

Also, how much PSI should I be seeing and at what RPM should the VF30 be at full boost?

Thanks a lot.. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Get the code pulled. Itd probably be easier than guessing. Im not being a smartass or anything, just if you have a datalogger or have access to diagnostic tools, just pull the cel and then look up what cel code it is.
-Griffin

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boosted4 said:
Get the code pulled. Itd probably be easier than guessing. Im not being a smartass or anything, just if you have a datalogger or have access to diagnostic tools, just pull the cel and then look up what cel code it is.
-Griffin
I don't have access to any diagnostic tools.. wish I did though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You dont have the Accessport? I was reading through your cardomain web page and you said you were waiting on it, I dont know if you changed your mind and decided to send your ECU in though. But if you do have your Accessport it takes 3 seconds to pull CEL codes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you just installed the uppipe, you will need the 2.2K Ohm resistor mod. Cobb does not correct for this CEL. Do a search and you will find hundreds of threads. The good news is you can pick one up at Radio Shack for peanuts and it is super easy to install in the open connector.

In terms of boost, you should be hitting 17.5PSI max boost.

Jimbo

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Jimbo said:
If you just installed the uppipe, you will need the 2.2K Ohm resistor mod. Cobb does not correct for this CEL. Do a search and you will find hundreds of threads. The good news is you can pick one up at Radio Shack for peanuts and it is super easy to install in the open connector.

In terms of boost, you should be hitting 17.5PSI max boost.
From Cobb's site:
VF30

93 oct VF30 map using 93 octane fuel. Requires VF30 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust. 320HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed.

I have just put in my uppipe (when I upgraded the turbo), and have no CEL with my VF34 reflash.:confused:

·
Registered
577 Posts
To take advantage of the CEL elimination features I believe you must have a stage map that eliminates CELs in the base map not in the realtime map.

·
48,699 Posts
Richie03 said:
To take advantage of the CEL elimination features I believe you must have a stage map that eliminates CELs in the base map not in the realtime map.
Right. Realtime maps aren't for things like that.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't have the Accessport.. I've been waiting for it since the end of April. I was forced to send in for a reflash. I have the VF30 reflash. So you guys are saying I should be seeing no CELs? Well if that's the case then I guess there's something wrong with my car.. better go figure out what the hell is wrong with it. If the Accessport can pull CEL codes then I'll wait on that (I should be getting it within a week) cause the car is running fine, nothing abnormal at all.

I didn't do the work on the car.. so is there anything the installer could have done wrong that would trigger the CEL even though I have cobb's reflash.. like maybe not connecting some of the O2 sensors?

·
48,699 Posts
We're working in the dark without knowing which code it is. Your AP will certainly be able to pull the code for you, when it arrives.

An uppipe install involves removal of the exhaust manifold shield. In order to get it off, the 02 sensor has to be taken out from inside the passenger side wheel well. You don't have to disconnect it to pull it out, but it's certainly possible that it got damaged during the process. (I'm anal, I wrapped mine in a plastic baggie to prevent contamination, and taped it off to the side so it would be out of the way of wrenches and whatnot.)

Hopefully your AP comes very soon, and you'll be able to point a finger at what's wrong. Post back, I think we're all curious...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check all your sensors that you unpluged and make sure they are in securly. I think it was a sensor near my airbox that was loose and wasn't put in all the way and i got a cell right away after i did my turbo and injector unstall. Just a thought.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wssboard18 said:
Check all your sensors that you unpluged and make sure they are in securly. I think it was a sensor near my airbox that was loose and wasn't put in all the way and i got a cell right away after i did my turbo and injector unstall. Just a thought.
okay thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, I figured out the CEL. It was low on coolant. Figures it would be something simple, huh? I just put water in it for the time being but I'm gonna have to get it flushed and filled shortly.

PS.. anyone running catless with a VF30 setup hear some WISHHHHHH sound after 4000k rpm? I'm on vacation right now.. so maybe it has something to do with being at sea level or something? (i just sort of guess at problems if you havent noticed lol). I don't think I noticed it back at home but I was also running low on coolant back at home. We just got here on vacation on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
hey how are you liking your vf30 setup?
i am doing the exact setup next week..

any info/tips on install and what i should expect of it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts