ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was about 14 years old my family was looking for a new car, and we stopped by a subaru dealer, and i, just getting into liking cars, saw one of the 04/05 STi's inside the showroom. of course i sat in it and dreamed of days when i would own one! i was convinced i would have it as a first car (boy did that one turn out great hahaha) i ended up getting a 96 jetta that i ended up modding through highschool, then college came around and i picked up a 91 mr2 turbo that i built a gen3 3sgte for and that was my project while i daily'd the VW. this past september i went off to school where i am now attending the University of Idaho. The mr2 was totaled by a delivery truck 2 days before i left, and the vw is a vw...so obviously it always has questionable reliability :lol:

my family is in the Air Force, and is getting stationed at Travis AFB in CA this summer and wanted me to pick up a nice reliable car i can use through college and could drive down if needed. So, i had my mind set on a wrx because it filled all my needs. AWD for the snowy winters here. 4 door for all my friends that i cart around. and its as close to my STi as i can afford :p

so this past sunday i went and looked at one that was 2.5 hours away. Its an 02 with 90k on it for $7k. i went and liked what i saw, and on the test drive, i knew it had to be mine! it was the first world rally blue wrx i had found (and i wanted WRB because ive always wanted an 04/05 WRB STi) and i could afford it!
so i picked her up on wednesday after 2 hours of dealing with the stupid owner! its not the blobeye like i had hoped for, but its close enough! ive only had it a few days, but i absolutely LOVE the car! theres nothing i feel obligated to mod like i did with the mr2 and VW! its all stock except for tein springs. and itll remain stock until i pay it off, which wont be terribly long, but i really dont have many plans for it because im very content with it right now, even if it is slower than the old mr2 was. :lol:

ill try to clean her up and post pics soon, the previous owner gave it to me unwashed, un-vacuumed and with fumes in the tank :huh: so ill try to make her look pretty before i share, but i just thought i would check in and say hi!

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Congrats on the purchase man. I remember when I bought my first WRX 7 years ago. A WRX 02, in fact. I still remember the feeling when I picked it up.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! And thanks for the story! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! glad to be here!
as promised, heres some pics!
i even had some time to take her out for a nice drive through some muddy trails :p

im a picture post *****, just fyi haha

love the car!

parked so i can see it every time i head to the lunch room to eat :p

just rolled 91k!

get a little muddy with a friend(mine has been rinsed since)

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Great pics!

The one of you hugging the car almost made me wake up my fiance laughing.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
your hoodie and shorts do not match, and that bothers me but funny pic nonetheless. welcome :rotfl:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your hoodie and shorts do not match, and that bothers me but funny pic nonetheless. welcome :rotfl:
Not at all :p I wad wondering if anyone was going to say anything. Those shorts are the hardest thing to match ever :( maybe that's why that are boardshorts haha :p

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I just assumed he had a pretty specific look he was going for...maybe something from the late 80's early 90's...

in-living-color-logo.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just assumed he had a pretty specific look he was going for...maybe something from the late 80's early 90's...

View attachment 103033
thats what i always think of when i wear them. i love crazy boardshorts. the GF doesnt like to be seen in public with me sometimes :D

Mmmh Mud... Dirty on a wrx just fits. Congrats and nicely done!
i agree!
it look so nice when clean, but it looks badass when its dirty too!
i can never decide which i like more :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts