Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

I just bought my 2017 WRX premium with 37 miles. i came from a 2011 Sonata 2.0T. I love this car so much and its fun. I got the STI Short shift and it is amazing compared to stock. I have 700 miles on my car now so im still in the break in period. Im looking to get either a Remark or Nameless muffler delete soon but not sure. Any advice going further with the car would be great.

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
Take care of it, Avoid unnecessary modification as it can cause warranty denial, and just enjoy it.

On a personal level, muffler deletes sound like teen angst. There are a lot of great exhausts out there that sound great and have a fair volume.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Yeah, don't do the muffler delete. There is an old saying:

I am not who you think I am.
I am not who I think I am.
But I am who I think you think I am.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've got the nameless delete in neochrome, looks nice, sounds mean, and opinions are like......... everyone's got one. I'm 46, first subaru, and the stock sound is......missing. $300 bucks and you likely won't void any claims since it's axle-back - LIKELY won't :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
go get a catback exhaust and you will never regret it. ETS, Invidia, Greddy to name a few. getting a catback will not void any warranty. anyways Welcome and have fun with your rex.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys:

I just bought my 2017 WRX premium with 37 miles. i came from a 2011 Sonata 2.0T. I love this car so much and its fun. I got the STI Short shift and it is amazing compared to stock. I have 700 miles on my car now so im still in the break in period. Im looking to get either a Remark or Nameless muffler delete soon but not sure. Any advice going further with the car would be great.
2017 or 2018? I would have figured all 2017's were sold by now, and if not they'd have a fair amount of test drive miles.

I also have a '13 sonata 2.0t - great car, its deff a lot more comfy for longer trips/daily driving but it doesn't come close to the WRX for sheer fun of driving on a nice open road.

If you are willing to take a SMALL chance regarding reliability/warranty - a cobb accessport is a must have. A good stage 1 tune goes a very long way to making the car much much more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am not who you think I am.
I am not who I think I am.
But I am who I think you think I am.
WTH does that even mean?!?

:eek3:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
WTH does that even mean?!?

:eek3:
I think it means other drivers will perceive you as a spanker when you drive by and their teeth rattle from the noise your muffler delete is putting out. :dontknow:

·
voidin warranty since 05
835 Posts
Hey guys:

welcome homey. keep them questions coming. the more you ask, the more you learn. the more you learn, the more you know. and knowing is half the battle.

i am not for a loud exhaust on my car, but i do love hearing it on others. so to OP, find sound clips or better yet, find them in person at meets etc, and see what you think after youve heard a few.

I've got the nameless delete in neochrome, looks nice, sounds mean, and opinions are like......... everyone's got one. I'm 46, first subaru, and the stock sound is......missing. $300 bucks and you likely won't void any claims since it's axle-back - LIKELY won't :)
repped for the candidness in reply. you like what you like. cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah its a 2017 it only had 37 miles i thought the same thing about test drive. i haven't opened the car yet but for some reason my sonata felt like it had more power especially up top. im not sure about the Access tune since i upgraded my warranty but i want to so bad so probably near the end i will. Thanks for all the input guys im sure i will have questions soon!

·
Registered
212 Posts
welcome homey. keep them questions coming. the more you ask, the more you learn. the more you learn, the more you know. and knowing is half the battle.

i am not for a loud exhaust on my car, but i do love hearing it on others. so to OP, find sound clips or better yet, find them in person at meets etc, and see what you think after youve heard a few.

repped for the candidness in reply. you like what you like. cool.

LOL, I literally didn't even say a single bad word or insult a single person. But did state two facts.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
If your car came with the STi shifter how do you know what it's like "compared to stock" haha. Congrats!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If your car came with the STi shifter how do you know what it's like "compared to stock" haha. Congrats!
I wanted the car as soon as possible and they had to order the part when i bought the car. I had it installed a week and half later. But i like it a lot it should be a stock item lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts