ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my luck seems to be really bad in my sti. Quick story of what happened. I was going North on I-25 and get off at the 58th ave exit and get ready to take a right (east) I am at the end of the turn lane to get on 58th and stop cause their is a yield sign and wait for a opening in traffic. Well as I am waiting I get a pretty good push from behind and I am like great. So I pull the car forward to move out of the way of traffic so I pull into the wendys and get out to see how bad it really is. The damage was not that bad and I notice that he did jack the bumper up right inside of where the license plate go's. So the guy gets out of his car is like opps sorry I did not mean to hit you I wasnt paying attention to you I thought you kept going. I stay quite cause I am really pissed off and dont want to say anything stupid. So he than says you gonna call the cops and I laugh and say what do you think. He says I dont think you should but it is already to late I have them on the phone. So the police say if no one is hurt we are not coming out (at this point I understand cause it rush hour is getting ready to start) So I tell the guy this and he says well than great you turn your claim into your insurance I will turn mine into my insurance. I look at him and say wrong I am turning it into yours. He than tells me well if the police dont determine whos fault it is than it is no one's fault. I than laugh again. He than gives me all his info and takes off cause he said he is late for work. So I stay there and call my insurance and see what they say and they tell me with no witness and no police it is going to be hard to file a claim with his insurance. (end rant):mad: So my question is do I just sit on my hands and wait to see if his insurance is going to cover the claim (I dont want to turn it into mine cause I just filled my hail damage last week and I dont want to file another claim and make it raise my insurance) Or is there anything I should do? Should I go to the police station and file a report?

·
Registered
15 Posts
While the police will not come out for a light accident, they should have told you that you have a couple days to go to the police station and fill out an accident report.

As for filing a claim against his insurance company, unless you were driving backwards your rear bumper damage + his front bumper damage = his fault.

-Motley

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I am really pissed off :mad: I call the denver police station just to make sure that is their area and the cop on the phone says yes it is Denver but CSP deals with that area so she transfers me to CSP. The police officer asks what happened and I tell her she says stay there I will send someone right out. I Tell her it is to late I was told by Denver Police that if there are no injurys to change information and than leave. CSP tells me that they should not of handled the call and that they would of sent a unit out. So she tells me just file the report online. Oh well whats done is done and I guess it could of been a lot worse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should definitely file w/ his insurance. Even if he claims he is not at fault, their adjusters should look at both cars and it should be obvious who is at fault. As long as your car is driveable, I would wait for that process. If not or you can't wait, file through your own insurance and let them go after the other guy's insurance. Once they recover, you should get your deductible back and have your slate wiped clean.

Who are the insurance providers?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bummer

Wow sorry to hear that. If damage is over a certain amount (not sure but I think it is $1000) your required by law to file a counter report.

Take pictures of the damage and if you can the intersection while there is still evidence of the accident (ie skid marks broken tail lights). Also ask around at the Wendy's if anyone saw the incident, and leave contact info. The insurance accident investigator might stop and talk to them as well, and the guy who is looking for witnesses is probably the one who was not at fault.

I had a guy back into me in a post office parking lot, and I suspect my going back there to find out if there were any witnesses helped the insurance company find in my favor.
My repairs billed out at $2000 + and it was mostly just a tail light and my rear bumper skin and the right rear fender was bumped in a bit.

Larry

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
STIBungy said:
Rodney, since you have this other person's info, how about we go pay him a visit?
That is what I am thinking. If his insurance starts giving me the run around I may just do that. I know where he works and everything so I guess I am going to sit back until friday (thats when his insurance said they would contact me) I am still really pissed off right now :mad:

For both of our sakes I am crossing my fingers that his insurance just takes care of it.

Oh yea for who ever asked what insurances are involved they are:

His= American Family
Mine= State farm insurance. I know for a fact that my insurance will fix my car I just dont want to have to file my second claim in one month.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Damn Rodney :(

Sorry to hear about this. I don't know what to say, I mean she looked so inocent and happy the other day.

-Ryan

Edit- Mods, where does this thread belong? Can we move it to it's propper location ;) :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
me too

I got in a wreck a couple weeks ago on I-25 and 120 Ave. I called the CSP, and they never showed (I did fill out the online incident report). Basically a guy in a truck changed lanes into me. I turned in a claim into his insurance. They took a statement from me, and went and got a statement from the other driver. He told them I changed lanes into him. His insurance company told me since there were no witnesses or police at the scene I should have my insurance fix my car. I told the adjuster that she did not thoroughly investigate the claim to see if her insured was telling the truth as she did not send anyone out to look at the damages to my car and see if they were consitent with my side of the story or his. I threatened to send a letter to the department of insurance claiming they did not follow Colorado's fair claims settlement practices, and she immidiately told me she would have someone out to look at my car. Today I have that appointment. I have about $1,700 of damage to my car.

PM me if you need any advice, I work for an insurance company and can always ask one of our adjusters any question you may have. If you start to get the run around look up Colorado's fair claims settlement practices, if you write a letter to the DOI saying they are in violation, the DOI can fine the company with just your letter, a $20,000 fine is not uncommon. Granted you don't get the fine, but adjusters can lose their jobs over them.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool so someone from his insurance just called and they said that they talked to their client and they are very sorry for this happening and then they told me to call them when I am ready to take the car to get fixed and they will have a rental their for me. I am so happy that I am not getting the run around:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts