ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got bought a GEM for 400$ 2002 wrx wagon 188k with automatic transmission .. I’m looking to go with a motor and manual transmission swap ! What would be my best options to go with ?? Asking for a friend

·
12,267 Posts
Just order a staged 2l block from IAG and build away. Stop with all this swap nonsense. You can build the 2l to be a monster just like you can any run of the mill subaru 2.5.

Or you can be bold, brash, handsome, and likely affluent and swap a bmw S85 v10 into it and pump out those sweet skids. A video of what you could look, and sound like

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
331 Posts
..Or you can be bold, brash, handsome, and likely affluent and swap a bmw S85 v10 into it and pump out those sweet skids. A video of what you could look, and sound like

Oh, that's a good one!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
21,307 Posts
What? Why not? What about that one K-Swapped Blobeye on YouTube? Seemed pretty cool.

What the hell would be the point? You'd lose AWD and there are far better RWD platforms to build.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
21,307 Posts
I guess we aren't ruling out "stoopidest possible swaps," so have at it boys.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
331 Posts
What the hell would be the point? You'd lose AWD and there are far better RWD platforms to build.

Nope. The "HondaRu" is still AWD. They're also making ~500whp with a 9k Redline.

OP asked for the "best" swap. Subjective.

In all fairness I did mention an EJ20 first seeing as how that's what's in his bay.

·
12,267 Posts

That's the only type of swap I recommend.
Nope. The "HondaRu" is still AWD. They're also making ~500whp with a 9k Redline. OP asked for the "best" swap. Subjective.

In all fairness I did mention an EJ20 first seeing as how that's what's in his bay.

Puting even more weight even further in front of the front axle of a vehicle that already wants to push the nose to the outside does not create a great driving dynamic. This is one of the huge advantages of transversely mounting a small engine. You can pull the weight back further to center.

So essentially this "hondaru" drives like hot boiled garbage and ass everywhere because it doesn't make any power until redline. Like all 500hp hondas.

·
Æternum
21,307 Posts
You must be referring to the Honda that was given a Subaru body.

The AWD system was from Honda right?

That's as close to a Subaru as a Camry is to a NASCAR -- looks only and a farcry from a "swap."

·
Æternum
21,307 Posts
OMG I just looked this thing up. Talk about "stoopidest swaps evarrr!"

Hondaru 2.0 Hits The Dyno! - YouTube

That thing must handle like dogshit, offering more credence to -- "just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done."

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
331 Posts
..That thing must handle like dogshit, offering more credence to -- "just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done."
They're YouTubers so that's exactly why they did it.

·
Æternum
21,307 Posts
They're YouTubers so that's exactly why they did it.

Oh I get that part.

But then you get people who aren't YouTubers asking for ridiculous swaps like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No, not really.

I’m not familiar with any of the engine models and I haven’t done much research , that’s another reason why I’m asking, I should have been more specific , I have a automatic transmission .. would it make more sense to swap out the motor and get a full manual transmission all together . I dont want the automatics transmission.. i know of swapping out the block . And using the same head

1 - 20 of 28 Posts