ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2011 wrx and need some advise with mods.. i dont want to affect or void my warranty... i dont have loads of cash but was looking into a BOV, not sure what kind or anything, also and intake and exhaust.. i have no knowledge in intake brands such as the best exa, and as for the exhaust im not sure if a turbo back or straight pipe would be better. i love the LOUD mean exhaust sound but idk much about brands and the best way to go... i am a noob and im just looking for some help.. i would like more power but the warranty is a big part im just at 23k miles. if you have any suggestions or other mods let me know.. im also very new to this fourm so im a little confused..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Literally anything outside of factory/dealer installed SPT parts will affect (I wouldn't say void) your warranty. There are a lot of threads about this question with some great answers just look around.

As someone once said on this forum "if you sit in your Subaru the wrong way it will affect your warranty.."

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
like sasmith said, anytime you add aftermarket parts you may potentially have a warranty voided/denied/etc. if your warranty is important to you, leave your car stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Almost everything you want to do, you will have to retune the car. So i would start with figuring out if you want to get a net book, and romraider, and do it yourself. Or Cobb AccessPort, and use preloaded maps. Or bringing it somewhere.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Outside of a Catback or axelback, you run the risk of a claim being denied. nothng can "void" your warrranty.

TBE or Intake will require a Re-tune like Chris stated. if you are not experienced most would suggest Cobb's access port. if you feel comfortable OS tune is another option.

Simple stage 1 most likely won't hurt anything. I did my stage 1 at 2kmiles. I did a axleback from Nameless and love the sound.

BOV is totally worthless on our models don't waste the money. If you're looking for spool and "swoosh" sounds. Go with Cobb SRI or AEM Cai. both will give it that sound, but will require a Re-tune if you want your car to run properly.

BTW Welcome :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
wrxtreme06 said:
if your warranty is important to you, leave your car stock.
Pay to play.

If you want to make your car more fun, equip it with good tires and just drive it. Beyond that, you risk denied claims.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill probably just wait till my warranty runs out and go from there, i honestly love the "swoosh" sound, but im not doing any of the mods myself, i have a friend whos a mechanic and was going to do the work.. thanks for the help.. i just wanted some more power and the Subaru sound but in a loud exhaust. thanks guys im obviously a noob

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Its a mythical unicorn all these rutards think they get when they buy these 25-45,000 cars. It truly doesnt exhist.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you really need to re-tune it after putting a cai on it wouldn't slapping the sensor on the after market piece make it run almost the same, I mean what would be be the side affects of not tunning it besides gas going down the drain? Oh and welcome

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
you need a retune, if you have an accessport the cai tune for cobb or aem is on it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Regardless of hearing "no tune is required" is never a good idea; most people that have done it end up tuning it real quick. Mostly what I have seen is spike in turbo lag and hesitation on acceleration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts