ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys.. So I just got my dream car.. I just got a 06 STI today.
It is a 06 STI Silver, with the Gold BBS wheel package. It also has SPT Intake, SPT Exhaust, Fog Light Kit, Auto Dim Mirror, Boost Gauge, Short Throw Shifter, and a BOV. The car is Immaculate in and out has the Blue Interior the only thing was the right rear rim had some scrapes on it on the outer lip a curb scrape. But the car is like new has 10,000 miles still under warranty, one owner older guy 45 yrs old non smoker said he hardly drove it. Anyway I got it for $25,000 just wondering what you guys thought I have been looking for one for a long time so I am happy I found one very excited.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Welcome,

And ditch the BOV they make your car slow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the STI is fine with the stock BPV. But how come the BOV makes the car slow?

·
Registered
4 Posts
OMG dood im still looking for a 06 or 07 STI around 25k.........the best i can find is 25.9k......ive searched on insurance rates and it cheaper for me to get a 06 STI than a 08 MS3 GT(car i was wanting to get at first) so yea....

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I know the STI is fine with the stock BPV. But how come the BOV makes the car slow?
Because the car runs rich and doesn't hit boost as quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Nice!!

You can check out the BOV pluses and minuses in the Engine Performance forum and in the STi forum. Post up some pics in the STi pics stickey in the STi forum while you are at it!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Holy crap, that's an amazing find. $25k for a $34k car with only 10k miles on it is AMAZING! Good find, go back to stock BPV and enjoy the thing just like it is....the 06's are my favorite year of USDM STi.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
congrats man. Post some pix.
as far as the bov is concerned, I have gone through 3 myself:
an APS 50/50
a Blitz DD
and the stock

Personally the stock has done me the best. I have a short ram intake and can hear the bov pretty well :)

The other BOV made some backfires here and there but overall they wernt bad.

If you like the sound of the bov then leave it.
If you notice your car lagging, causing backfires, return to stock
congrats again and welcome to the subaru world
Sincerely
-Daniel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys, Yeah so I have ordered up some mods... First I put the stock BPV back on thanks for the info. Here is my Mod list of what I ordered up... My wife wants to kill me :rotfl:

Engine:
Cobb AP
Invidia TBE N1 Catted
APS 65mm CAI
255 Fuel Pump
Pro-Tune Precision Tunning
Perrin Goodies

Wheels/Tires
17 x 8 Enkei NT-03M - Gold
245/40/17 RE01's

Suspension:
24mm Whiteline Sways F&R
Whiteline ALK
Group N Top HAts
KArtboy Endlinks
RCE Black Springs

Here is my new baby... HAvent done all the mods yet.. But if anybody is interested in a pretty much new SPT Intake + SPT CBE with 2,000 miles on them let me know.. Also gonna sell the 17 x 8 Gold BBS they are all new except the rear passenger side wheel 6 inch section of light curb rash not even deep, I have Subaru Gold BBS touch up paint for them was waiting till it gets warm out.. Well if anybody needs this stuff email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
897 Posts
Personally, I would leave the SPT intake on. A CAI isn't going to do anything beneficial for your car. Infact, the stock intake is arguably the best for the engine. Just thought I'd let you know. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts