ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a wire with a plug at the end of it on the passenger side with a circuit chip connected to it and the chip says, Vishnu Performance....I pulled back the carpet and opened the panel where the ECU is located to find a box velcro'd to it that is called Dastek Piggyback system. What the hell do I have in the car? I bought it used from a dealership so I didnt know the extent of the mods the prev owner did, all I noticed was the obvious, MBC Short shifter, thats all.

can someone explain what I have? what it does?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it has a whole setup though.....Im gonna go right now and look at it again and write down everything I see, and ill come back here and let y'all know.

brb

·
Registered
476 Posts
Vishnu is a very, very good thing.

What you have is a minimum of an extra 25 HP!

Also, find a Rex geek and ask him to see if you have a catless up pipe on you car as well (this is usually a first mod that often precedes the chip). If you have a catless up pipe you can add another 10 HP (minimum) to the above.

Who knows what else lurks under there.:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Actually I got a TXS Uppipe installed 2 wks ago. I just looked under the floormat again...the box is called, The PRO GRAM, Dastek piggyback computer.

the little circuit chip is a Vishnu performance EMI....dont know what tham means.

Anyway, so now that I find this chip, how much total HP you guys think I might have.

mods are: MBC, TXS Uppipe, and now that chip.

Now its making sense because Rich at Precision Tuning said my rex was the fastest rex hes driven "in stock form", said the boost is strong and holds very well and accelleration was awesome. He didnt know it was chipped, neither did I....we came to the conclusion that its a factory freak....guess its not now that this chip has been discovered

·
Registered
677 Posts
hehe same thing happened to me.

My parents got the car and it was night when I first saw it. I looked at the intercooler but didnt notice the APS logo. Then the next day I was showing my friends the car and looked at the turbo saw IHI turbo. I paused for a second and was like "the stock turbo is a Mitsu turbo, not IHI, wait a sec VF29". Then I went and peeled back the carpet to find a nice Cobb unichip back there.

Post over on NASIOC in a regional area and try to found out who owned your car before you. It worked out really well for me.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
COngratulations, that's like winning the subaru lottery or something.

***envious***

Have fun with yr new find!

·
Registered
677 Posts
hell yeah. My car had a whole bunch of mods (around $6000) when I got it. I found the owner and have met up with him before. He's a cool guy and knowing the history of your used car is always a plus. Sometimes it hurts knowing how your car was abused (used) before you got it but as long as its working great now it's all good.

I've been reading on NASIOC about my car's previous owner screwing around with the tranny but it works good so I dont really care.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, It was an awesome find for me, saves me some cash if I were planning this mod. I just got engaged and Im more careful with my money, have to save up for a wedding, house etc...But I will still add mods here and there, but I think I will always buy pre-used stuff cause i can buy cheaper than new (obviously) :)

I never drove a rex before I drove mine, so I didnt know how fast they were stock, I just knew that mine was fast and thought that all stock rex's were like mine, guess not he he....

quick question: just curious what would happen if I disconnect the vishnu emi adapter? What about the dastek piggyback?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
something to look into: Go to your dealer and show them the Vishnu chip, and tell them that you found it in the car, and it was sold to you like that.... they may come up with some crap like, "you put it there etc....) but give it a try anyway, and get it writting....(if you can)

that way if something goes wrong with your car, the tech wont be able to blame it on your chip and void your warranty. (if they were to find it) and since you already purchased the car with mods, that helps your case out a lot.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, I forgot about that DTR, thanks for the tip....I have almost 50k so the subaru warantee will be done, but I bought the car with an extended 4 yrs or 86k miles so Im going to just take it to the ford dealership that I bought it at.

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the cover for the ECU looks just like this one on mine. Its says V2, same stuff...

is this what it says on the stock cover or is the V2 stand for Vishnu or something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts