ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for $55.91 I got myself a stinger distribution block, 25 feet of stinger 8 gauge wire, 2 feet of stinger 4 gauge wire, and all my connectors. What we installed is a five point grounding system as opposed to the four point that most people do - just adds an extra ground near the battery. 1 hour later (including time to check peoples' setups who are on this board RMackay82 and I finished the job and it looks awesome I must say (silver wire and blue block) - I will post pics on this thread when I have time. We then took the rex out for a ride and to get some gas and here is what I noticed right away: Smoother idle, small gain from the good old butt dyno, and most of all the car is a TON quieter in terms of electronics/engine noise - it was definitely not worth buying the hks system, looks better than the hks IMO and works well ...dont expect to get sucked into your seat by ass grabbing power gains but expect a smoother delivery and quieter ride - Now I only hear the sounds that I want to hear :). Also if your car is mostly stock like mine is - expect more of a difference because you feel subtle things more with a stock car. I love it. One question though....the wires do get hot by the turbo because they are attached to a bolt and the strut tower near the turbo...is this okay or should I insulate them with something so they don't get too hot?? thanks guys - dan

·
Registered
129 Posts
I run a ton of electronics in my car and I want to do the grounding mod also... what connections did you upgrade? I think I've heard this mod called "the big 3 upgrgade" where you upgrade ground to alternator, alternator to battery, and battery to ground. Are there any other connections I should upgrade/add?

Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think I'd be a little concerned about the wire by the turbo getting hot. I'd suggest moving it to another place, or rerouting it. Good job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts