ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I am driving home from the billiards hall normal driving and all. Then out of no where I see this old muscle car pull out of Mc Donalds glaring at my car! So I figure i might as well see what i can do...you know the import vs domestic world :p so there i go pulling up next to him do a little down shift ( I'm completely stock in a 2010 wrx) SO of course his reaction is to kinda chuckle at the fact that I'd even try. So he figures he'd play around with me.. ( he was probably just trying to show off to his girlfriend and his friend in the car ) he downshifts and kinda gets on it. Then we hit the red light. From there the casual talk..what is done to your ride bla bla is exchanged. The light turns green and i launch on the old muscle car and pulled ahead by about 3 car lengths ( of course awd ftw ) he finally catches up to me after slowing down and claims its to cold out n hes not lockin up.. SO we go from a 20 roll...and once again i pull by 2 car lengths...Make a long story short he didn't have much to laugh at after we were done and gave the subby kudos :p ( btw it was a 1969 Camaro SS with some stuff done to it didn't want to talk much about it after telling him my car was stock lol :p )

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
*sigh*

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
:zing:

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I think Tony wins the sardonic reply contest.

·
Æternum
20,863 Posts
OMG JDM-OMATIC DOMESTIC SUCKS

You just took down a 45 year old car with a 1 year old car. Congrats.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Sure didn't take long for everyone to jump on that train ... :confused1

The bigger point is that it is amazing how much more performance today's cars have in comparison to the legends. I would LOVE to own a '69 SS - just the rumble alone is killer, but it's cool how far things have come. At this point most mid-size family haulers can challenge them in a straight line, and would destroy them in the turns. A modern car built for performance is far superior to them in most categories. I remember well in the 80s when a car that made 0-60 in 6.5 or less was considered a high performance exotic, and now exotics are into the 3's and less. Gotta wonder how much quicker it can get without being undriveable in daily use.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
COOL STORY BRO

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I also find it amazing that alot of family sedans are coming out with close to 300 hp and with turbo's nowadays....all this money i put into my 06 Wrx just so i can keep up with the flow of traffic...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol the dude was a cocky driver of the camaro like i pulled up and he was like you gotta be F**n kidding me and laughed lol. 45 yr old car or not the driver was cocky and got put in place LMAO! said he runs 13.3's in 1/4 wounder how the subby would do.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
anyone want to buy the following??

2011 WRX 22,000 miles SWP base sedan
2012 WRX 1300 miles PBP base hatch
2008 wrx 44,000 miles swp premium hatch
2011 sti 3300 miles sedan

I hate myself for owning them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts