Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 2015 WRX with a good bit of work done to it. It has a catted J pipe, charge pipe, catback exhaust, intake, among other mods that I'm still learning about. It also has a BOV which I'm looking to get removed ASAP (The afterfire is evident when letting off the throttle). The current tune is a stage 2+ etune. I'm in Miami at sea level if that matters, but according to my AP I'm making 22-23lbs of boost at full throttle. Is this safe? Should I have it retuned to a lower level of boost? Since this is a daily driver, I want to make sure that it's going to be reliable and don't want to worry about breaking a rod or anything. I'm also still learning a lot about these cars so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,562 Posts
Is that peak boost or sustained. I've seen the fa20 guys post some pretty high peak numbers stock.

Most of it will depend on the tune. A data log would go a ways at helping determine what's going on and if it's safe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
maybe for some peace of mind, when you get the BOV removed, find a good reputable local tuner and have it Re tuned on the dyno. That way you know its good. $500 for a good solid safe tune is > than $5000 for a new shortblock

Stock Ive seen peak boost hit 22-24psi. NOT SUSTAINED, just spikes.
If your sustained boost is 23 Id be concerned.

·
Super Moderator
11,562 Posts
You will probably see lower boost Target and peaks in lower gear so it's hard to tell.

A data log would be the most helpful. Just spouting off boost numbers won't help anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts