ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Joined this forum to research sti's. I'm 23 and a big car guy. I have a few show winning cudas, roadrunner, duster.. etc but I just got this sti. Its a 2004.
Has perrin front mount inter cooler, gt35r turbo 25 psi, external waste gate, header on engine, alum rad, workz blow off valve, full exhaust, carbon trunk lid, race clutch, short throw shifter, defi gauges with playback control box, greddy electric boost controller, lowered, crawsford billet crank, crawsford rods and pistons.. I got it from a uncle (married my aunt) brother passed left him the car. Wanted to see it go to a good home. 49,000 miles.... I'm sure i left a lot fuel pump, rails, tune etc. Friends of the brother that passed said it was dyno'd at 550 to the wheels. I've driven a lot of fast stuff but this thing rips. And i got it for about nothing.

painted the flairs wrb today and installed them nice

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Welcome :)

Where about you located? With a car that modified, I'd at least look to get some datalogs for peace of mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in jeffersonville NY... and i do think it needs a head gasket. I want to pull motor check it out and know whats done for my own mind so i know work is up to how i like it done. Then get it dyno tuned. Any good places near by.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice, I'd agree with EJ257, just to make sure nothing is getting damaged. I'm glad you got the car, but too bad it was under those circumstances. Have fun with it and keep the rubber side down. Go test out some highway entrance ramps. And next time it snows, drop whatever you are doing, grab a friend and go out for a drive, you will love it even more.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Racerkilla said:
I live in jeffersonville NY... and i do think it needs a head gasket. I want to pull motor check it out and know whats done for my own mind so i know work is up to how i like it done. Then get it dyno tuned. Any good places near by.
Small world. I had a camp in Roscoe (Tennanah Lake) for years. Used to go to the Wednesday concerts in Callicoon Center. Grew up picking blueberries @ Crystal Lake.

Closest place I know of is AMR in Mamaroneck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, didn't like how i got it, But i'm sure he would be happy the car is being taken care of. The car can run and idle all day fans come on don't over heat, When you drive it and run it putting a lot of boost to it, it will push some antifreeze out but still doesn't over heat. I plan on fixing it and enjoying it and adding it to the collection of cars.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Small world. I had a camp in Roscoe (Tennanah Lake) for years. Used to go to the Wednesday concerts in Callicoon Center. Grew up picking blueberries @ Crystal Lake.

Closest place I know of is AMR in Mamaroneck.
You grew up "pickin berries" at Crystal Lake?

Don't you know that is an easy ticket to murdersville?

Oh, and welcome to the OP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts