1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought
kartboy STS
AEM CAI
Upper Grill from grill craft (Already have lower)
Turbo xs 50/50 bpv
Prosport Halo series boost gauge
Chrome blinker lights
Shark fin antenna :)

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Congrats, though I'd say you pretty much wasted money on that BPV. No offense, of course. That CAI won't really do anything for you at all unless you have a tune for it, in fact I wouldn't even use it until you do have a tune for it.

As for me, I just put in the order for some BC coilovers (entry level, nothing spectacular), they'll help me with my drive for suspension knowledge and the price is right. Going to order a new clutch and flywheel as well as timing belt kit soon, and when spring/summer rolls around some new Dunlop Star Specs for all around DD and autocross usage. Going to be a good year for my car.

Looks like it'll be a good year for yours too :)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Today I actually ordered the following:

For the 11:

Coilovers
18x8.5 rota grids
Kartboy holy shift
Kartboy pitch stop
Engine and trans mounts

I haven't decided on exhaust yet, I also haven't decided what or if an intake, also have not decided on tires.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
BPV wasn't a waste of $$ 08+ oem is garbage cody
That's one thing that I hadn't read yet. Did Subaru cheap out even more on the stock BPV's?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Interesting. Off to research I go!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats, though I'd say you pretty much wasted money on that BPV. No offense, of course. That CAI won't really do anything for you at all unless you have a tune for it, in fact I wouldn't even use it until you do have a tune for it.

As for me, I just put in the order for some BC coilovers (entry level, nothing spectacular), they'll help me with my drive for suspension knowledge and the price is right. Going to order a new clutch and flywheel as well as timing belt kit soon, and when spring/summer rolls around some new Dunlop Star Specs for all around DD and autocross usage. Going to be a good year for my car.

Looks like it'll be a good year for yours too :)
Congrads on the buy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today I actually ordered the following:

For the 11:

Coilovers
18x8.5 rota grids
Kartboy holy shift
Kartboy pitch stop
Engine and trans mounts

I haven't decided on exhaust yet, I also haven't decided what or if an intake, also have not decided on tires.
Have you looked at the nameless catback?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the shark fin funtional, if so where did you get it. Was it easy to install, the antenna wire is like a coax type right. How was the reception after cutting that wire?

The plastic 08+ BPV is good up to 19 psi.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Is the shark fin funtional, if so where did you get it. Was it easy to install, the antenna wire is like a coax type right. How was the reception after cutting that wire?

The plastic 08+ BPV is good up to 19 psi.
Hah.. No, unfortunately not even that pressure..

·
Registered
279 Posts
What pressure do you guys think the OEM BPV can handle safely? 16 seems a bit low since stage 1 + sf intake on 91 octane peaks at 16 and I havent seen any troubles yet.. And stage 2 is 17 psi. I was thinking somewhere around 18, 18.5 psi should be the safe limit, or what do you think?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
What pressure do you guys think the OEM BPV can handle safely? 16 seems a bit low since stage 1 + sf intake on 91 octane peaks at 16 and I havent seen any troubles yet.. And stage 2 is 17 psi. I was thinking somewhere around 18, 18.5 psi should be the safe limit, or what do you think?
Unfortunately, you're "pushing it" at even Stage 1 levels. This comes from a VERY reputable tuner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
BPV wasn't a waste of $$ 08+ oem is garbage cody
This is news to me. After reading countless threads on not changing the bpv unless you go above 20psi, I completely scratched it off my list. So what is recommended as a good replacement and do you need to mod anything else after changing it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts