Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 23rd of June has been set as the official day for our meet this month. we will meet at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point for a BBQ and some fun during and afterwards. i will post exact location in a few days.

there will also be the SoCal Probe club (www.scpoc.com) out there too. i happen to be a part of this club as well so i will show up with both my cars.

there will not be enough food for everyone to eat unless you bring some extras. you can bring whatever you'd like, but please ensure it's plenty to share. everyone will be bringing something. different meats will be good to throw on the grill.
i personally am taking some steaks and chicken thighs. we need hot dogs, burgers, buns, chips, drinks, anything that you can contribute to make the day better.

I thank you in advance for your time and efforts in trying to make this an enjoyable day. :cool:

[ June 20, 2001: Message edited by: r-u'mprzd? ]

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah man, definitely interested, doens't look like i have anything to do that day, so i'll probably be around...cool idea with the beach meet!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far so good, fellas.
i would like to see more members able to make this meet. it should be fun as always. we Probers have a good time and now with WRXers out there, it will be better.

we are missing a few items like the charcoal, matches, burgers, and hot dogs.
i will add a case of beer to my list of items i will be taking. but for you thirst quenchers, you know that a case is not enough for 20. :)
so let me know if you can bring something too.

thanks.

stay tuned for meet time and exact location. come out and have fun. :cool:

G

·
Hello Jorge,

I'll try my best to make it out there and I'll bring my roommate too if he's not doing anything. He has a really nice S2000 and he's really into cars also. I'll keep you updated on whether I can make it and by that time if you guys are missing anything let me know, I'll just go to the market and buy it.

Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Barring any complications from work I will be there for sure. What time will everyone be there? Just let me know!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looking good.. a max of 5 cars. hopefully more can come out and join us.

well, here is an update. we will gather at 1200 outside the main entrance of the beach. there is a $5/car fee. that sucks, but it's not much. we are working on a group discount since it looks like their will be more than 20 cars in all. more are joining slowly. lets see how this one turns out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SCIC meet info
click on the above link for more info on the SCIC meet. it happens to be on the same day as ours but it will be later in the day. 4pm they are planning to go see the "Fast and Furious" at the Block in Orange.

I will plan to make it to that one too. after a BBQ a movie sounds good. :cool:

G

·
HellO Jorge,

It turns out that SoloII will let the people who turned in their $ to run on saturday so I won't be able to go to your beach BBQ :( I will take some pictures from autoXing though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://www.dohenystatebeach.org/

25300 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629
(949) 496-6172 / FAX: (949) 496-9469

This is the latest for next weekends meet. Checkout the site if you'd like to read more about it.

So fellas, come out and join the rest of us.

G

·
Hello Jorge,

How did hte meeting go? It was so hot yesterday and I got the worst farmer's tan autocrossing yesterday.

Autocrossing at el toro was fun but frustrating in the beginning becuase I couldn't get a hang of the line that I was suppose to follow. At the end of hte 12 runs the outer portion of my stock tires were completely gone :( It's cool though sooner or later I was going to replace them anyways.

Hopefully I'll do better next time and maybe you (Jorge) can give me some pointers.

Tim

G

·
I'm gonna try to make it down for a little while. Would be nice to meet with some of ppl behind the all of the posts that I've read. I'll be in a Yellow Rex. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a beautiful morning. looks like it will be a nice day. i hope to see lots of peeps out at the beach around noon. that is the meet time. there will be food, drinks, snacks. if you can, bring a little extra to share as it might not be enough what we have.

Then we will go watch the movie afterwards at the BLOCK in Orange. :)

Thanks.

G

·
Damn! If you plan for 4 hours to upgrade a server, why does it always take 8! I'm bummed that I didn't get to go. Instead of enjoying the sun at the beach and talking about cars and stuff, I'm sitting in a dark cold server room. :( Maybe next time.

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts