Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I really like the way they look, go for it!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Jun eyelids are awesome! Easy to install. Get em if youve got the moolah..

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Yep, with some help from Ivan, I found out they're REALLY easy to install. It comes with some super-adhesive tape already on them. The hardest part is just lining it up correctly while pushing in a bit on the piece between the grill and headlight. Mine aren't even aligned perfectly, but you can hardly tell:

http://www.folkendesign.com/wrx/front_1_070302.jpg

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
So what are these eyelids made of? Are they vinyl?

Verdugo...Did you not use to have a c-west lip and STI fog light covers?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Eyelids are made of fiberglass (at least I'm pretty sure it is)...and yeah I did but my C-West replica lip broke and someone stole my foglight covers...lots of pics in my siggy :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
That's right...I remember askig whether the c-west lip scrapes or not, and you posted some pics. That sucks about your fog light covers. I just got mine...I think they're great. If you want to replace yours you should go to http://www.revolutionsmotorsports.com/ and order them from there. I got mine for $100 painted and shipped. Late.

Fahd

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Yep, mine arrived last Friday and we installed them last night...I'm not even going to bother with the STi and I'm just going to keep them blank :) Looks good to me! :D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Verdugo-

Did you have any problems getting the screw in the bracket. My right side will not go in for the life of me:(. I bent it in every which way to try to line it up, but I got nothing. The screw won't catch. I tried finding a longer screw, but the one I have is a 28 thread...all hardware stores carry 24 and 32 threads. Any suggestions :confused:?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
My cousin is totally responsible for getting those screws in. He's got some weird young coordination thing that lets him get it at the right angle to do it. I'll try to get him to post on here :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Thanks a lot Verdugo...actually my friend's cousin is the one that usually installs things on my car. I guess it's something about cousins, huh:)?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Heh, yeah I guess so!

You know what though? After looking at them today...I don't know if I like them without anything on them...but I don't really want to put the STi on them either...decisions decisions...

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Re: how about these eye lids

F1-racer said:
thinkin about eyelids myself.Do these look good. Are eyelids considered "rice"?

www.subarupower.com/axcarheadcov.html
They look ok. I just wonder how well the light will shine through on our USDM lights, since although the picture has them on our lights, they look like they're made for JDM lights.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Verd-
Yeah, I think I am gonna agree with you that without the sti, it doesn't look as good. I am thinking maybe somehow we can put it on or maybe even put some design.....

WRXin'-

The best way it worked for me to put the screw in is to push down the bracket all the way to the bottom, that way it will be aligned with the cover. Its no fun though, but it works:D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Shinigami said:

WRXin'-

The best way it worked for me to put the screw in is to push down the bracket all the way to the bottom, that way it will be aligned with the cover. Its no fun though, but it works:D
I will definately try that this weekend. I'll pretty much try anything at this point. Thanks.

Fahd

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Hey guys- this is probably too late (I'm reading this thread as a result of a search)- I just put mine on and had the same problem with aligning the screws- I got longer screws at Home Depot (nice, allen head and black finish) I put the cover on, then put a screwdriver through the hole in the cover and bent the bracket up to where it should be- voila, installed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts