Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard that LS1 guru John Lingenfelter was very, very badly injured during a NHRA Sport Compact semifinals at Pomona on Sunday. He was driving his Summit Racing Cavalier when he lost it, crossed the line, and hit the far wall. He's currently in a coma with brain swelling and a broken neck. They're still working on getting him stabalized enough for surgery later on today.

I know it's not really pertinent to WRXs, hence the OT, but thought it might be of some concern/interest to the car nuts out there.... my uncle has met and worked with Lingenfelter and says he's a really nice guy, and a genius under the hood.

The most recent news I could find was here.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I dont care what he was drivin', the man built a corvette that went 0-60 in less that 2 seconds!!!!! I hope he recovers, he is an integral part of motorsports.

-joe

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
OH MY DEAR GOD!

That man is a personal hero to me and a hell of a nice guy.

Nexus6 said:
thats what he gets for driving a cavalier:rolleyes:
Nexus, that's really not the least bit amusing and I'd like to see you drive an 11 second Cavalier. :mad:

-Jim

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nexus6 said:
thats what he gets for driving a cavalier:rolleyes:
Nexus6, that's like three or four posts I've just read from you that seem out-of-character to what you normally post. Are you just having a bad day? Try to tone it down several hundred notches or so.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Oh no!!!! That man is a legend and did more to advance hot rod technology than just about anybody.

Here's wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man, that's bad news!

John did my twin turbo vette. He is a genious under the hood and I'd give my left nut to know 10% of what he knows about cars!

I'm sure he's in the best of care considering... Let's all hope for a speedy recovery.

Carlo

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

Ever shake hands with a legend? I did. A few months back. I told him I'd see him next year and that I was looking forward to racing him. He gave the WRX much repect and I walked away. There is not a nicer, more knowledgable engine tuner ON EARTH.

-Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts