Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR ALL YA USING THE JOE P I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW GOOD OR BAD IT IS? NOW THAT IT IS COLDER DOES IT HAVE CONSTANT BOOST SPIKES? WHAT ARE SOME OF THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF IT?
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
I haven't had one boost spike since I have installed it. It seems to be a lot more stable than my bleed off type TurboXS MBC. I run it at 15psi all the time. It might spike a little more if you raise the boost though.

I am very happy with mine. If you go to boostcontroller.com, they are $50 shipped. Worth every penny.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I'm getting a JoeP MBC for Xmas thanks to the g/f... I'm not susposed to know that though, shhhhh.

And Im pretty sure there is only 3 karls: kurlee, the guy from the simpsons, and the one from family matters. :p
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
killaho said:
I'm getting a JoeP MBC for Xmas thanks to the g/f... I'm not susposed to know that though, shhhhh.

And Im pretty sure there is only 3 karls: kurlee, the guy from the simpsons, and the one from family matters. :p
LOL. That's funny. I know of a couple of other Karls too. But not ones that drive WRX's.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Karl im just curious is it easy to change back and forth from the stock boost controller to the Joe P in case i want warranty work done?

i wish my women got me a Joe P, as of now all i know i got is a pair of PJ'S, lucky me eh?
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
KnightRider said:
hey Karl im just curious is it easy to change back and forth from the stock boost controller to the Joe P in case i want warranty work done?

i wish my women got me a Joe P, as of now all i know i got is a pair of PJ'S, lucky me eh?
KnightRider,
Yes, it will only take you less than 5 mintues to change it back to stock. Very simple. Here's a link that explains a bit about it.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14455&pagenumber=1

Make sure you make it out to the San Jose In N Out meets we have every Wednesday. Then we can all sit out in the cold and BS about cars.

Good luck.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well in case i get a job or cash for christmas and i do buy a JOE P, then will you install it for me at in n out for me? i will bring a flashlight. and i have gone to one meeting perhaps the worst, the one where the asian dude running across the street got nailed by the car, ya i spotted him in the gutter
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
KnightRider said:
well in case i get a job or cash for christmas and i do buy a JOE P, then will you install it for me at in n out for me? i will bring a flashlight. and i have gone to one meeting perhaps the worst, the one where the asian dude running across the street got nailed by the car, ya i spotted him in the gutter
Yeah I can help you. You do have a boost gauge right? Without it there is no way to know how much boost you are running in any gear. But it is very easy to install and getting it to the desired boost only takes a few tries, and a few pull overs to increase boost.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
kurlee,

what's everyone setting their boost to with these?

15psi in third gear?

i had heard 16.5 psi is safe on the stock turbo, but people back off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
killaho said:
I'm getting a JoeP MBC for Xmas thanks to the g/f... I'm not susposed to know that though, shhhhh.

And Im pretty sure there is only 3 karls: kurlee, the guy from the simpsons, and the one from family matters. :p
Hehe, I bought the Joe P for myself and asked for the boost gauge for Christmas from the g/f. Cheaper for me that way ;)
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
platinum scooby said:
kurlee,

what's everyone setting their boost to with these?

15psi in third gear?

i had heard 16.5 psi is safe on the stock turbo, but people back off.
plat,

Yes, set your MBC between 15-15.5 psi WOT in third gear. You don't want to go over 16psi, because MBC's tend to boost spike between 0.5-1psi every once in a while, and you don't want to hit fuel cut all the time which I think is near 17psi.

Hope this helps.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
thanks, kurlee.

so that gives you 0.5psi over stock if stock wot is 14.5, right? or is stock just below that?

that 1psi might equate to around 10hp?

takes away the solenoid, which helps control first and perhaps second gear boost.

some people say they've not hit 14.5psi in second at wot, though i have before.

i had heard about fc and spiking. with a manual not much you can do about it.
 

·
Moderating U!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
platinum scooby said:
thanks, kurlee.

so that gives you 0.5psi over stock if stock wot is 14.5, right? or is stock just below that?

that 1psi might equate to around 10hp?

takes away the solenoid, which helps control first and perhaps second gear boost.

some people say they've not hit 14.5psi in second at wot, though i have before.

i had heard about fc and spiking. with a manual not much you can do about it.
Yes, but the MBC will allow for the car to pull a lot harder in 1st and 2nd gear, since the car is building faster boost with the MBC.

Here's a link that will answer about every question you have on MBC's.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8870

Good luck.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top