Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Joe P MBC install(hoses)

Just install my Joe P. They supplied a lot of hose. Should I trim to what I need or just leave it? Does it make it perform any different?

·
Registered
163 Posts
im getting mine this week.. was the install easy??? was the hose they gave you larger than the stock hose??? have you noticed a small or big difference???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Install was easy,if you got small hands:D It's a tight spot to get into,but no problems.The hoses are the same sizes,just very long.I'm going out right now to adjust it.Let you know.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just installed mine as well, and if you have bigger hands like I do, it's sorta a pain in the ass to get to a few spots, but nothing too much of a prob.

Going to go run it and see what it's like.

I mounted my Joe P to the 2 metal bars in front of the IC, if that's a good/ok spot?

Will be back in a bit :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
so hows the performance??? what PSI are you guys setting them to???

is the boost higher in 5 gear than 1 gear???
should i set mine in 5 gear to max boost just to be careful??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just set my to @15.5.It took some time,but man :eek: you can feel diff.I trim the hoses and used metal clamps instead of the ties for the hoses.In the booklet Joe P gives you they say"You want to set the MAX boost level with a load on the engine-third gear works well for this."

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres another pic

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
MBC is on and working great.

I have mine set for 13.5psi in 3rd gear. A little low perhaps, but it is 75 degrees outside today and I don't have an up-pipe (up-pipe & down-pipe are my next mods) installed yet, so I wanted to keep the boost a little lower. 1st and 2nd gear are a world of a difference, which is what I was trying to get out of the MBC.

Edit: Btw, I like the location you used Needles. Also, I saw a pic of someone mounting their MBC to the front metal bars on the IC, is this an ok place? - since it's where mine is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
good to hear guys... im sure ill be happy with mine too... i was hopen for more power in 3 and 4 gear rather than in 1 and 2 gear....o well..... i think ill set mine to 15 max...

install pics look good and clean... think i might make my hoses alittle shorter though... but the shorter it is it doesnt look as nice

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you guys read any of the MBC sticky threads at the top of this forum? I dont mean to be an ass but please do, you will find a wealth of info! As for the hoses, cut one of the sections they send you in half, and use those two pieces only to keep the lines nice and short. Save the other piece in case you ever need a spare.

·
Registered
763 Posts
jugger said:
good to hear guys... im sure ill be happy with mine too... i was hopen for more power in 3 and 4 gear rather than in 1 and 2 gear....o well..... i think ill set mine to 15 max...

install pics look good and clean... think i might make my hoses alittle shorter though... but the shorter it is it doesnt look as nice
you will notice a big difference in 3rd when you start from first and go thru to fourth.....3rd is our best and strongest gear !!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just have a quetion about the Factory Boost line...
Is that line suppose to tell ECu to cut off fuel if you over boost (17psi rite?) am I right ????
If I am, by disconnect it and put some screw in it wouldn't that stop letting the ECU know if you over boost or not ..

·
Registered
763 Posts
wrscoob said:
Just have a quetion about the Factory Boost line...
Is that line suppose to tell ECu to cut off fuel if you over boost (17psi rite?) am I right ????
If I am, by disconnect it and put some screw in it wouldn't that stop letting the ECU know if you over boost or not ..
if your are talking bout the line from the solenoid then yes that is the one that get plugged.....but even if you overboost the ecu will give you a fuel cut.....it will feel like some one just grabbed you rear bumper and gave it a quick jerk backwards and the a cel will come on.....to clear the cel all you need is 5 clean start and stops...on and off with your engine. the ecu will not let you go much higher that 17 psi...i think then it will cut so you still are safe !!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks RacerWRX but I had heard that some people had blown there engine by just Having MBC and I guess they over boost it.
Now you saying that Stock will cut fuel if its over boost So how come peeps still get their engine or turbo blwo up.
Sorry just want to know what Im gettin myself into.

·
Registered
763 Posts
not sure how you can w/ just a mbc. i know i get fuel cut @ 17 psi or around there b/c i've been there, as for them maybe something was hooked up wrong i dunno.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i heard the shorter the hoses the better for mbcs. I put mine in that empty clip on the left side infront of the intercooler.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts