Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instlaling the joe P now, I have seen enough here and common sense to install it i think, gonna shorten the hoses to reduce spikes and test it all out to 16psi in 3rd.

-cp

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ouch damnit, gotta wait till it cools off from driving :D

just cant wait to tap into that power!

-cp:rolleyes:

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took one of the hoses and cut it in two. might be a little tough to get on, but this should prevent spiking right? also will these zip ties hold it all together?

-cp

·
Registered
170 Posts
If your attaching MBC to wastegate, the hose should be as short as possible. It isn't too important for the hose on exit side of MBC to be really short. MY Joe P is going to be set up differently than yours since I have a dual solenoid to switch b/w factory boost levels and MBC boost levels. Very cool setup for anyone who has to drive in rush hour traffic.

The zipties will be strong enough to hold it together.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After ALOT of trial and error and risking a few tickets on local roads, i happen to inform you all that im now pumping .110mPa in 3rd gear and getting ~.100 - ~.105 mPa @ 1st and 2nd.

It was a b*tch to get on and i was a bit scared, after bringing it too low which basically equaled no boost ( .050 mPa), and bringing it too high ( .120 mPa peak ). I settled in finally @ .110 @ 3rd gear which is just phearsome to behold. Its scary how fast I am travelling pulling into 3rd now. Well, off to tear up some road and probably land a few tickets.

Also word of advice to those putting an MBC on, please wait until the engine cools to attach one, my blistered fingers will tell you.

Platinum: now i know what you are talking about. We'll get you to the jersey shore yet!!!

This is how im feeling right now :D

-C

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Grats on the install! Feels great doesn't it? BTW, I feel you on the blistered fingers! Adjusting that JoeP's thumbwheels after some banzai boost-testing runs was HOT-STUFF. :)

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i freaked when it hit way above .120 and i immediately cut the gas realizing i had turned it too high. then i adjusted lower a bit and hit it perfectly witha 1/4 turn. now its right on .110 @ 3rd and a tad above in 4th and up. I'm not seeing it in 1st really, maybe a little bit above .06, guess the turbo aint spooled so low yet, but in 2nd its phearsome!!!

-c

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As soon as i got home from the free 1000 mile oil change etc I installed it. At the dealership i talked to the real schmuck service rep who basically said an uppipe could kill my electronics warranty if the 6 disc changer freezes. What a moron, if my turbo goes ill make it look stock again and play the idiot and let them pay for the full fixings since i have the 6 year bumper to bumper. I can't wait to hear them say " its voided " and ill reply "umm prove to me that the part CAUSED THE PROBLEM, then ill pay." No sucker here, just a learned novice when it comes to cars and tuning.

-c

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
fengshui said:
Platinum: now i know what you are talking about. We'll get you to the jersey shore yet!!!

This is how im feeling right now :D

-C
If I come down, we'll be getting some crazy HP out of that WRX. I recommend IC hoses and an uppipe next.

-Jim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
is2scooby said:
Grats on the install! Feels great doesn't it? BTW, I feel you on the blistered fingers! Adjusting that JoeP's thumbwheels after some banzai boost-testing runs was HOT-STUFF. :)
That's why I recommend the Allen key version. The wrench stays cool when the Joe P gets hot.

-Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts