ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got in an accident last fall and in the accident my front right wheel got jammed against the wheel well and locked up at about 50 mph. The body shop i took it too, at subaru dealership, said that the tranny was fine and that they are designed to disconect when jammed like that to prevent tranny damage. however, since i have gotten it back i've noticed that the tranny jingles in 2nd and 4th gear, and there is a dead spot in the starter.

I'm taking my car to the dealership on monday to show them a coupole other things that need to be fixed too that them messed up on, but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong w/ the tranny?, so i can sound at least desently educated?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the jingling noice is like i have coins in my ash tray that are bouncing around don't worry i checked, they aren't. The dead spot, is when i try to start my car every one out of 10 times it will just click really fast but then when i turn the key back off and try again it starts right up, just like it was lined up wrong or something at first.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
funny you mention that....

i just got my car back from the body shop...i was involved in an accident about a month ago.

yesterday, i'm noticing a jingling noise in 3rd and 5th gears...

my girlfriend says it sounds like the coins in my ash tray are bouncing around.

any thoughts, guys?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you get yours checked out let me know. i am not going to have time to have mine looked at for another 2 months, but if i'll keep u updated when i finally do.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
i'm going to xcceleration in about 3 weeks to get it checked out....we'll keep ourselves posted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts