ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a set of rebuilt JIC coilovers. They have not been installed since rebuild. Asking price is 1K, but he'll take $800 cash. My thought was if I go with coilovers rather than Tein S-techs with KYB's
I can keep the factory suspension together to install in the winter to save the coilovers from the salt and snow. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
IIRC, the JIC coilovers are crap. I remember seeing a video a while back of someone running them at an autocross event and one of them snapped right in half mid turn. Of course I would probably consider any sub $2,000 coilover to be worthless.

And for what it's worth, Tein S-techs are about the worst springs you can get for a WRX.

If you are concerned with handling performance I would look into Tokico Dspecs and RCE yellow springs..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car is just a daily driver. I bought it just to drive in the Cleveland winters, but need to make it worthy of taking the long way home. It will get a cobb stage 2, but not until the suspension and brakes are beefed up slightly. Do you think the JIC's will fill this need. How about a spring I can use with the stock struts until I replenish some funds, i went a little overboard on wheels(Motegi Traklite).

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
No first hand experience, but the JICs are probably worse than stock ride wise.

RCE yellows will work with stock struts, although I usually consider the stock struts to be pretty much worn out by ~60k miles. Shocks(struts), like brake pads, are meant to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts