ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm unlucky enough to live about 3 miles south of a USAF base. Whenever I'm home on a weekday I get to hear jets flying over my apartment about 8 times a day. If you think it sounds cool you are grossly mistaken, it's actually quite annoying as you pretty much have to just put anything that requires hearing on hold for about 10 seconds before continuing.

Anyway, since buying my WRX I've also noticed that if they fly exceptionally close or low they set off my car alarm. I'm assuming this is due to the vibrations caused by the noise? I don't know. Has anyone else experienced problems with their WRX having too sensitive of an alarm? Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this? It's annoying to have to find my keys and hit the button to turn the alarm off 2-3 times a day.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I set off two car alarms every time I go in/out of my work garage.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why did you move next to a afb? I live next door to luke afb. They dont bother me. And we have the main flight school for f16s

Maybe they are targeting your car?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Does your car have a shock sensor?
This.

It is the vibrations. Like Matty said up there...I set off car alarms off daily with my exhaust. Invidia FTW :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
This.

It is the vibrations. Like Matty said up there...I set off car alarms off daily with my exhaust. Invidia FTW :)
I do this with an SPT exhaust. :rotfl:

And yes, vibrations. If it is the factory system you can set the sensitivity with the OEM navigation HU, if you have the regular stereo it'll be a trip to the dealership. Aftermarket system may be adjusted by a remote or an adjustment screw on the sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts