1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
that quote made me lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well I'm glad someone finally opened up and said it. I've been saying it for the longest time now since I first saw it. :barf:

·
Registered
111 Posts
it about time someone spoke up, and I'm glad it was Jeremy, I love his show and his sense of humor. I have even more respect for him now, my favorite quote was about the newborn baby, I legitimately laughed out loud when I read that! Subaru needs to do something, I've yet to see the new STi in person, maybe the pictures don't do it justice..hopefully, please, pretty please, LET THERE BE A GOD! haha, I'll just have to wait and see...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
he is hilarous....:thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
lmao.

I gotta agree with a lot of his points- including the one about the 2008 being ugly.

BUT- I have to disagree in one regard:
looks are important, but not really the end-all he makes them out to be.

I bought a 2008 5 door, though I think it is at BEST a bland looking car, and at worst ugly.
The cars capabilities make up for the looks for me.

And look at all the other ugly cars that HAVE been successful: minivans (any), SUVs (most, if not all), the original Jeep, the original Beetle, and so on.

So while I agree that my car is not gonna win any beauty contests, I am not so sure it will sink the line, as he implies.

Enjoyable read nonetheless. :)

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,205 Posts
:rotfl: He's right.It is homely.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
As pointed out on NastyCrock: Clarkson isn't in the auto industry, he's in the entertainment industry. Its easier to heap crap on something than dig it out.

Subies shouldn't be pretty. Maybe, M A Y B E the legacy is somewhat handsome (handsome is the word my fiancee uses when I should get changed).

I'm no fan of the new design, but saying an Impreza isn't an attractive looking car isn't groundbreaking. Hope that Clarkson got a nice seat on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Which brings me back to the Subaru and a big question. Why aren't all cars good-looking?

Did the boss of Subaru look at the clay model of the Impreza and say: "Yes, I especially like the droopy arse and the way it doesn't in any way match the front. Oh and I see you've put a life-size model of the Sydney Opera House on the bonnet. Well done."

No, he didn't. He must have known it was even more ugly than David Abrahams, and yet he gave it the green light. And now millions of Subaru fans will have to buy something else instead.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe Subaru has a secret plot to dominate the world with the 2015 model of the impreza.
They are just using the 08 impreza as a diversion so that they could work in secracy developing this new super impreza.

then again.....maybe not.
it could just be an attempt at making a "family-friendly" hatchback to compete with the VW rabbit. lol cause that sure is working!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I love clarkson but he is often wrong and i will leave it at that, then again the brits are protective of cult cars and hate them to change..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love clarkson but he is often wrong and i will leave it at that, then again the brits are protective of cult cars and hate them to change..
I agree.
what he says is just opinion.
and wheter or not you like the 08's is purely opinion.
I just thought his opinion was funny.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Agreed

I went out with the intention of buying a black '07 but after seeing the '08 right next to it I couldn't do it. I really wanted to hate the '08 too but after I test drove both side by side, it was a wrap. I actually ended up waiting a month just so I could get the '08 in the color I wanted.

Then again, maybe I just like ugly cars...

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I don't think the 08 is that bad. Its not a beauty but not horrendously ugly (like say the original tribeca :tongue:). It's certainly not ugly enough that it will preclude most buyers. Theres a lot of cars that out there that look a lot worse.

·
26,205 Posts
I've tried hard to warm up to the 08,but it's just not happening for me.I hate the taillights and front end of the hatch,and I'm generally a fan of wagons and hatches.I'd buy a mazdaspeed 3 over the WRX.

·
26,205 Posts
What the hell did Micah get banned for.:confused1

1 - 20 of 56 Posts