ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for jeffco the registration is based on the 1st year of manufacture "in service". does this mean the date the car was purchased and put "in service" or does it mean the model year "in service" date?

i purchased my STi used, and its about 14months since it was originally purchased by the previous owner. i need to register ASAP, but if its still considered '04 model year, and thus current "in service" year, i'll be paying $560 for registration.

if, however, its considered 2mo into its 2nd "in service" year, counting from the purchase date, i'll be paying $419. i want to save $140, basically.

in short, what is considered to be the first "in service" year:

is it the model year until completion?

or

12months from the original registration date? (a friend at work is pretty sure this is it.)

:confused1

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It's from original registration. The county clerk will have this info already, and there's nothing you can do about it. But you can go ahead and argue with her if you feel you're being jipped. Good luck!

For example, I bought my STi July 03, and already paid for year #2 which was significantly cheaper than the first year. You will pay the difference left over for year two, so it may be less than you think it will be.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool. i'm not trying to scam a lower reg fee, im just trying to figure out which factor determines the cost. i'm just hoping the original reg happened more than 12 months ago. would they have the info (jeffco clerk) if i just called?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Not Jeffco, but Arapaho Co. (probably similar rules). For a new vehicle, are we taxed from the date of purchase or registration? My temp tag expires in Jan. If I register this month instead of next, am I taxed an extra month? I already paid a hefty sales tax at purchase - I assume I'll be taxed again (property tax) when I register it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts