Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I don't know if this is the right thread to post on but I have an urgent question, so i have a 2002 bugeye with a jdm swap, i have the usdm ecu and the jdm ecu. i plugged in my usdm ecu yesterday hopping i would be able to pass smog today and even though i cleared the codes that it threw it wasnt reading the monitors as the smog shop....

Any help or information is much appreciated, i do have some time to get my car smogged but its coming up and wanted to get it done.

Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The monitors require multiple "drive cycles" with no problems found to give a ready status. If you are getting codes before the monitors have a run, it is usually something considered "major". Does the JDM motor have all the smog devices that the USDM ECU is expecting?
Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
I don't think the jdm engine has all of the same emissions equipment. I believe the tgv is missing on at least some of the jdm engines, although that may be for newer ones or the ej255.

Either way you just have to drive it around until the ready sensors are tripped

·
Æternum
16,107 Posts
Tgvs aren't reported in drive cycles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I don't think the jdm engine has all of the same emissions equipment. I believe the tgv is missing on at least some of the jdm engines, although that may be for newer ones or the ej255.

Either way you just have to drive it around until the ready sensors are tripped
Thank you for the info, i do not know if its missing anything when i bought the car the guy told me just plug in the usdm ecu and i should pass smog, i assume he has done it before to pass smog, i called the previous owner yesterday and asked again and he reiterared to just plug in the usdm ecu, when i plugged it in and drove it for about 80 miles it eventually threw a code. the CEL code was for exhuast gas temp sensor, and circut highbay 1, so then i cleared it and drove for about 80 miles before i went to the smog shop, and it didnt read on their side. What do you mean by ready sensors are tripped? how will i know when they are tripped? sorry again.. super new to all of this.. i appreciate all the help.. cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts