ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an sti version 7 engine and all wireing etc, swap into an 04 with a 5 speed tranny? I got a blown motor and these are decently cheap.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes and no. A: You'll destroy that transmission pretty quick with that kinda power. Beyond that....yeah, it should, you'll need a new wiring harness and ECU and things though. But then I'm not very experienced with the JDM engines, but I really don't see why they shouldn't fit, I can't think of anything that'd do that.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'd skip it just because of the wiring harness swap. Then I believe you won't be able to program your ECU to work with it either, so you'd need a new one. And then I'm not sure what else might not work correctly because of the new ECU.

I'd just get an engine made for your car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im lookin to do a swap there is a spec c swap im lookin at 9k and thats from front to back minus coilovers is this to much work/ is it worth it ? i would settle for a usdm sti swap but cant find anything but jdm on ebay. is jdm to much to mess with when it comes to wiring will be off my feet due to motorcycle accident and i wanna upgrade the car dont know if ill be ready for heavy traffic on 2 wheels when i get back on my feet but i want to just gotta wait and see after surgery. P.S. im new im trying to find the rite answers before i get in over my head, thanks all to whom that answer.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
jdm v7 and v8 motors whould be 100% wiring compatible with USDM '02-'05 ecu's, except for the AVCS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure. Also I'm sure the tranny will be fine unless I forget the right way to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts