ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I lived in Japan for 10 years, speak, read and write Japanese, have a WRX, a business background and have a good friend in Japan who is deep in the auto business. Sort of adds up to something potentially interesting, dontcha think?

We've been talking about starting a service to help people in North America get the JDM parts they want for their cars.

So I have some questions:

Do people really want JDM parts?

Are there enough people out there looking for parts to justify a small business?

What parts do you guys want?

I'd love to get all your thoughts on JDM parts!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Trailboss said:
I'd be interested if the prices weren't so high
I agree there. MANY would be very interested if the prices weren't so jacked up.

Then agian if they were cheap the whole rarity of JDM would lose it's intrest I think.

my .02

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I'm sure there's more than enough interest... LDM parts are attractive to many buyers for either bling or because they're just flat out better (ex: ej205 v. ej207). The only thing that has really made them prohibitive for most buyers is, as has been mentioned, is price. If someone figured out a way to sell JDM pieces at reasonable prices they would not be a 'small' business for very long. The other concern with JDM parts is that the time it takes between ordering the part and actually receiving it can be months!! Who wants to wait that long?!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Trailboss said:
I'd be interested if the prices weren't so high

Something I've always wanted:

Burn-up - A kit I've always wanted for my car. I know the front bumper alone, shipped and unpainted, is around $1200. :eek:

Also, I'd like to know more about the stuff Midknight said, shipping time, shipping insurance, etc.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The things you guys are complaining about are the reasons not more people do this. First you need to find a good, steady, reasonably priced supply of the parts. This is difficult because Japanese people have high levels of disposable income. That means the cost of parts is already high in Japan. Then you still have to ship it and then you still have to make a profit. If you drop it off and pick it up, then you can container ship things port to port from Japan for a reasonable price. But then you still have to ship it to your customer. Keep all of these things in mind next time you are shopping for JDM parts in N. America. It puts things in perspective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts