ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 05 4eat and i have been looking at full jdm ej20t v6 complete engine w/ transmissions. it comes with complete motor, 5 speed tranny, ecu, starter, sensors, etc. i have found one for about $5000 without shipping. would this swap be worth it? will i need any other parts to complete this swap? will a cobb accessport work with the jdm ecu?:confused:

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have a 05 4eat and i have been looking at full jdm ej205t v6 complete engine w/ transmissions. it comes with complete motor, 5 speed tranny, ecu, starter, sensors, etc. i have found one for about $5000 without shipping. would this swap be worth it? will i need any other parts to complete this swap? will a cobb accessport work with the jdm ecu?:confused:
i know for a fact the ap will not work with the jdm ecu

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay. yeah...i thought it wouldnt. gotta find a EM that will support a jdm ecu. :tongue:

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I kno ecu tech and many other companys support the jdm sti v7 but em for v6 is hard to find

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhh thanks. saved me some time. clubwrx FTW!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Becareful with buying JDM parts unless you know what you are looking at.

A V6 JDM Wrx motor isnt really all that much better then our USDM wrx motor.

Make sure it's a ej207 (JDM STI) platform.

AP wont work...I think there is a Utec and Hydra that will work with the JDM ECU.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
ummm..hopefully this was just a typo. Subaru never made a V-6. An H-6 yes. Plus, an ej20 never came as a six cylinder. Might want to verify the source here.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
ummm..hopefully this was just a typo. Subaru never made a V-6. An H-6 yes. Plus, an ej20 never came as a six cylinder. Might want to verify the source here.
V6 as Version 6 motor. Like V7 is bugeyes....v6 was before them.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
ahhhhhhh....sometime Ibetoslowinthemorningtorealizeanything:tongue:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i meant the jdm version 6 ej20. and i will be sure to check and make sure it is the ej207t. would the version 7 be a better choice?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
yeah i meant the jdm version 6 ej20. and i will be sure to check and make sure it is the ej207t. would the version 7 be a better choice?
I'm not a JDM expert by any means but it stands to reason that each motor will be an "upgrade" compared to the next.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
V6 (GC8G) was the last year of the GC chassis WRX, produced in 99/2000. V7 (Rev A of the GD chassis) was the birth of the modern EJ205 and was rated about 25% higher in HP and about 15% higher in torque.

I can't remember if they were both closed deck. However, the V7 has AVCS whereas the V6 does not.

There are pluses and minuses to both. If I remember, the V7 heads flow better, but the AVCS of the V8 obviously has better efficiency and likely better cams.

If you are considering this swap, look carefully at your needs for transmission, front diff, drive shaft, and rear diff, as these are two totally different chassis.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Actually, yes Cobb is releasing an AP for JDM V7 and newer JDM engines. This is what I was told by a very good friend that is a dealer for Cobb. They will be in the $900-1000 range and are expected to be released by the end of the 07 calender year.

Please do not quote me on this, contact Cobb, but this is from a VERY good friend that is a Direct Dealer for Cobb.

I would spend the extra $$$$ and go with a V7 and 6Speed (better ratio's). Thats my .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts